Slim Pasta

Options
I've read about it but I can't find it. None of my local stores (Whole Foods included) carries it and I can't find a US website. Anyone tried it and/or knows where I can find it? I'd like to try it. Even if its not great, its pasta "like" and worth the attempt. Thanks!

Replies

• MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    They are also called yam noodles or shiritaki (sp?) noodles. Check the refrigerated health food section. They are in a bag with water, or some sort of liquid! Let me give you a tip: RINSE RINSE RINSE and then pat dry. They smell a little funny and have a sort of chewy texture, but if you can get past that they are pretty good.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Check near the tofu, that is usually where I find mine.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Slimpasta is Australian.

I you are in the US look up Miracle Noodles instead.
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tastes like **** and has the worst texture...

But yeah they're Australian and you get them from Woolworths or online here...
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Texture was way too weird for me. It was worth trying, but I'll never have it again. I'd rather sacrifice some calories to get the real thing. Good luck.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    House Foods makes the Shirataki in the US. They have angel hair, spaghetti, and fettuccine. I would recommend the angel hair so that you have the smallest surface area to chew through the weirdness. :/
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are in the tofu area at our Whole Foods. Also: Tasted like worms made of salty slime. I'll take the calories and enjoy my barilla plus.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    My Shoprite recently started carrying House Foods Shirataki noodles. I used to have to go to Fairway to buy it....
    Just don't smell it when you open the package....rinse it....have water boiling and submerge for about 2-3 minutes...what I do is then I dry it with some paper towels and then nuke in micro for 45 seconds.....gets rid of the awful smell