Need some ideas!

Options
I was wondering what kinds of foods or snacks will give me the energy to get through the day? I was so tired at work today and I got a good night's rest! I've only just begun this journey I can't be tired and exhausted everyday! :smile:

Replies

• heatherlee86
    Options
    I was wondering what kinds of foods or snacks will give me the energy to get through the day? I was so tired at work today and I got a good night's rest! I've only just begun this journey I can't be tired and exhausted everyday! :smile:
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like plain almonds toasted in the oven to bring out their flavor, fiber one granola bars or kashi granola bars, or 2% cheddar cheese on triscuit crackers is great.
  • heatherlee86
    Options
    Today I had a granola bar for breakfast but, I didn't even eat enough calories for the day! I need a better breakfast then I could have a granola bar for snack.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    oh, take your vitamins too, that should help.
    Foods I like for breakfast are a fruit smoothie made with yogurt, frozen berries, a banana and oj along with a few slices lean turkey bacon and some double fiber wheat bread toasted with a little bit of polaner apricot jam. Very filling and this type of b-fast has protein and complex carbs for enrgy.
    I usually eat a large salad with lettuce tomato little bit of parm. cheese and grilled chicken with light italian and a serving of triscuits or another whole grain cracker or wheat bread.