Losing weight with 'huge' boobs

Options
Hi Everyone,

This may be a little personal, but I really need some help.

I'm looking for some advice, motivation, success stories, ANYTHING to help me convince myself that I can get to my goal weight.

About two years ago, I was at 150, a nice weight for someone who is 5'6. I had a D-cup bra, which made me look even thinner. I was super happy with my body, but due to lack of exercise and poor diet (I never had a problem gaining weight, never watched what I ate) I couldn't maintain this size.

Throughout the two years, my weight has slowly staggered upwards, and so has my bra size. I'm now at 195 and popping out of an F-cup. I'm on birth control, have been for about 6 years. I feel this contributed slightly to my weight gain due to my insatiable hunger, and I'm wondering if the hormones have affected my breast size.

I'm trying to get back down to about 160 - 155, but I'm afraid my chest won't allow it. My friends always say 'you can't get back down to that weight, your boobs are huge now', but I want to believe that they will hopefully shrink with the rest of me. Has anyone had this experience?

Also, I find it hard to do the simplest things, like jumping jacks, because of my chest. I wear a regular bra and a sports bra. If I wear two sports bras, I find it harder to catch my breath. I'd love to start jogging, but find the bouncing unbearable.

Any advice, or if you have a similar story, would be much appreciated. I am so discouraged...

Replies

• memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5'' And I was about 160 with a Gcup. So yes, you can do it.
    I'm a G or GG regardless of my weight. The only thing that ever really changes for me is the band size.

As for a sports bra, I live by Enell. Everytime I drive past the park and see girl jogging with poor support, I swear that it I ever get rich I'm going to buy a box of Enells to hand out at the park so these girl can learn what real support feels like. If I don't jiggle as a G, they shouldn't be flopping around at a C.
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...I have to hold them too! I'm doing P90X (I would never do jumping jacks otherwise) and when they do that part, I move my feet with them and hold my boobs instead of flailing my ams around. Too funny to watch, I'm sure!
  • ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    I am also a double bagger. Don't have to double bag anymore but I still do.

I will say that I used to be larger on top (spilling out of a D cup) and now I am lucky to fill a B cup. So there is a good chance you can lose from the twins as well.

Never say never.

:)
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I'm a G cup and 190lb. I've always been pretty big up top and I'm hoping they'll shrink at least a little as the weight comes off but they're usually the last thing to shrink on me, unfortunately!

I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over the top and I find most activies I do to be just fine.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Also, do something that requires less bounce. Try the elliptical or stationary bicycle. Strength exercise and that TRX may help you as well.

Don't give up!
    This was going to be my suggestion. I was busting out of a 42DD when I started, 37 lbs later and I'm now a 38DD. Even though my cup size hasn't changed there is a huge noticeable difference in my chest area and the girls are much more manageable now. When I 1st started I could not find a Sports Bra that held them in place or fit comfortably. Now I fit comfortably in one and actually need to go down a size.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was in the same EXACT situation of you. Sizes and everything, it's like you're telling my story with all of the same concerns that I had at the beginning! Everyone always told me that my boobs would hold on to too much weight for me to get down to 120 when I was an F cup. However, I stuck it out this far, and the results completely contradict what they all told me! My ultimate goal is to lose 50-60 lbs. total. I have lost 24 lbs. at this point, and went down from an F cup to a D cup. Mind you, they're even perkier! They didn't even deflate like people told me they would! Everyone's body is different, but instead of listening to people tell you that you can't, how about you find out for yourself, so that you can feel COMPLETELY AWESOME when you prove them all wrong? Add me if you'd like, it would be interesting to follow your progress since our backgrounds seem similar. :]
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i was 150lbs when i started here and an f cup bra, im down to 137lbs and mine have shrunk considerably down to about an e cup now (maybe a dd but i need to go bra shopping to find out)

however in 2007 i weighed in at 170lbs and then got right down to 130lbs, when i was 170lbs my bra size was a ff and they didnt shrink at all that time i was still a ff at 130lbs (dont understand why) :noway:

dont want mine to shrink anymore now :blushing: :laugh:
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What you have to realise with regard to cup size is that with each reduction in band size you actually drop a cup size . So simply put - as you decrease in band size you actually drop a cup size as well -so a 20E=18F=16G in actual cup size so as your band size reduces if you stay the same cup size your breasts are actually getting smaller. I am a clear example of this where I have dropped from a 20E to a 16E and my breasts have decreased hugely. For many many months of my journey despite losing a large amount of weight my breasts seemed to remain unchanged - then within a course of a few weeks they suddenly decreased dramatically, Other people noticed the difference quickly so it is clear that it happened quickly and was very noticeable. 16 E has the equivalent cup size to a 20C.

I hope this helps
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hormones definitely affected your breast size. No idea if you can get your cup size down- mine doesn't seem to decrease:grumble:
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh and I fully endorse buying a really good quality sports bra . I have managed to take up running and partake in any exercise I choose wearing a really good well fitted bra - and thankfully have not given myself any black eyes to date :)
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a pool try swimming. Great exercise and not as jarring.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back down to about 160 - 155, but I'm afraid my chest won't allow it.
    Why are you so fixated on a number instead of reaching a healthy size?
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been on my birth control for 4 years now and I don't believe that is what caused mine to get bigger. All the weight and fat I added, went straight to my core (back, stomach, boobs, hips) and was from poor food choices and lack of exercise. I know birth control can cause weight gain though. I've lost ~3lbs and 1 inch. The inch came from my boobs - wish it came from my tummy :(
  • slwunder
    Options
    Title Nine has great sports bras--The rate them by barbells! ha ha. The more barbells the bra has, the less bounce! They are pricey also, but worth it!

http://www.titlenine.com/
  • SarzWix
    SarzWix Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't know if cup sizes are the same in the UK as they are in the US, but I'm a UK 38J... The last time I lost weight, they went down to a G or F depending on the brand - all manufacturers don't appear to use the same sizing :grumble:

Anyway, I use an elliptical and walking as my forms of exercise, and mostly manage without getting black eyes :wink:
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back down to about 160 - 155, but I'm afraid my chest won't allow it.
    Why are you so fixated on a number instead of reaching a healthy size?

I'm not obsessed with the number at all.

I remember how good I felt when I was that weight. I was at my healthiest when I was at 150.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DDD or F. Luckily my boobs are genetic, so I don't see myself losing them, but band however is getting looser. Some people lose boobs, some don't. I'd be happy with a full C, small D
  • ladyluly
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5 and now at 160. I had gotten to around 190 with a 38 DD and they have gone down, I am now wearing a 36 DD but I can see I will need to go down to a 36 D in about a week or 2 (2-5 more pounds). I hated how much it hurt to run and stuff and the best thing I have done for that was start Spinning. It's really great and low impact on the girls.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was a 38DD and I am down to a 36DD with 14 lbs lost. I don't lose cup size but strap size. Hopefully I will eventually lose some cup but if not oh well. I use a sports bra on top of my regular bra. I run, do jumping jacks, etc... A good sports bra is the key. Good luck.:smile:
  • missiles22
    Options