Mens running shoes suggestions

Options
Hey all,

I can't take my shoes anymore. I got them at Christmas & they still make my left foot numb; none of my other shoes do this. Can I get a suggestion for a men's running shoe or cross trainer? I typically keep my shoes for a year or two. I'm posting my stats so if you're close, then we might be close as to what's comfortable.

Height: 6' 2"
CW: 211 lbs.
Shoe size: 11 to 11.5 (American)

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Hey all,

I can't take my shoes anymore. I got them at Christmas & they still make my left foot numb; none of my other shoes do this. Can I get a suggestion for a men's running shoe or cross trainer? I typically keep my shoes for a year or two. I'm posting my stats so if you're close, then we might be close as to what's comfortable.

go to a running store, there's a lot of variables that affect your choice in shoe that cannot be made without them seeing your feet
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

go to a running store, there's a lot of variables that affect your choice in shoe that cannot be made without them seeing your feet

^^THIS. Even if you don't make a purchase there, you need to know what kind of shoes work best for your feet...do you pronate, etc. Have someone that knows what they're doing make some recommendations...and then get a second opinion to make sure. There's no such thing as a good or bad shoe...just a good or bad shoe for you.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    http://www.orthoticshop.com/orthotic-adjustments-foot-biomechanics.html

Read this as well..it will give you a good starting point. If you plan on really putting some miles down though get properly fitted before you take off.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I actually found a running store near my work. I'll head over & get the gait analysis.