Office Job.. =(

Options
2»

Replies

• salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    lunch time walks, stand at your desk for a while so you dont develop office butt, lol

LMAO.....Office Butt. I get that all the time. I'll get up and walk around and massage my butt.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water. It makes me get up and go to the bathroom about once an hour. I sometimes take a 15 min walk (if it's nice out) during lunch. I work at a university, so it's easy to have a stroll around campus.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Here's your twin!

I do stomach clenches, and when I go to the bathroom I do lunges lol! Also drink loads of water, makes you wee more and if your bathroom is down 2 flights of stairs like mine is at my office, there's some more exercise lol

x
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have an under the desk elliptical I use... ( I put a board and box under my keyboard so i can stand on it and answer phones and type and such :)

you could also get some resistance bands to use for your arms and legs.. ....
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    do you have a personal office space or is your work space open to the main space?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If your layout permits it, see if you can get a standing desk (or if you can modify your desk to be a standing desk).
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My husband says a few people at his office sit on those giant exercise balls instead of using their chairs. Sounds like more fun than a chair to me, anyway. :-)

I have seen these at my desk and most of them uses the balls for posture.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take the stairs a couple of times a day (3 floors) and I do squats at my desk before lunch and in the afternoon if I'm feeling sleepy. I'm thinking about getting one of the big exercise balls to sit on as a chair for most of the day. I hear it's great for your core muscles and posture.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    do you have a personal office space or is your work space open to the main space?
    WIDE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE LOL
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    ILL POST A PICTURE OF MY OFFICE ITS NOT BIG AT ALL LOL I CLEAN EVERYDAY SO IM MOVING AROUND BUT I NEED MORE
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ILL POST A PICTURE OF MY OFFICE ITS NOT BIG AT ALL LOL I CLEAN EVERYDAY SO IM MOVING AROUND BUT I NEED MORE

They wide open could be a mission but they have these stationary pedals that easily fit under a desk. when the office is calm pedal away. Also fitness ball chairs are good on the back and make you have to use your core muscles for stability so thats another (though pricey) option. I know you can get them on amazon or ebay. I would say just use a large fitness ball as a chair, it's cheaper and requires more need for you to hold your balance so you get better muscle work but being as you have a wide open office it would be hard especially if you lost your balance... (Ooops) for all to see! :blushing: You can also opt to wear discreet ankle weights under longer slacks so when you do get the oppertunity to move around you get a little more from it.

good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKCPcRcJmqc

If you check out their channel, they have about 4 more videos to do with office workouts. Good luck =)