Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, whole grain toast with peanut butter...all day every day!!!
  • voodoo_lady
    Options
    WW bagel 150 cals
    Philly light pot ( buy them as sets of 4) 55 cals...

205 cals- and quite filling!
  • ssonia29
    Options
    Try this

Oat Porridge - Breakfast Recipe

Ingredients

1/3 cup oats

2/3 cup water

1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk / Skimmed Milk

1 tablespoon honey

Directions

1.combine all ingredients simmer until liquid is absorbed.

2.Add blueberries or other fruit if desired

Tip: you can cook oats in water only for a low cals

thanks,
    Sonia
  • ssonia29
    Options
    Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Porridge

Ingredients
    2 cups boiling water
    1 cup rolled oats
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 banana, mashed
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
    1. In a saucepan, combine water, oats and salt. Simmer 5 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, banana and chocolate chips.
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This winter I've been ping-ponging between two breakfast meals:

Cream of wheat (made with water) and a tsp of brown sugar. OK, maybe 2 teaspoons.

or

I chop up some kale, throw it in a skillet, crack two eggs over it and stir it all up over med. heat.

Right now I have some left over salmon so this morning I'm going to flake that into the eggs and maybe add a tiny bit of cream cheese.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    www.emilybites.com. She has taken alot of comfort foods and skinnied them up. She includes weight watchers points for all and is in the process of getting nutrition info. Her breakfast cupcakes are amazing!!!!

Is this site ok? My anti-virus has blocked it......
  • ronaldgwilliams
    ronaldgwilliams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you stand yogert?
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    if your not a huge morning-eating person, you could always do a good protein shake, a green smoothie with stuff like kale, spinach, apple juice, and carrots yum =) or eggwhites and fat free cheddar cheese is my favorite
  • g_mapi
    g_mapi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm also not a big breakfast person but have been enjoying allbran flakes mixed made with yoghurt instead of milk.
  • Sconics
    Options
    Mum on the run, my breakfast if I get chance consists of a bowl of all bran with 1spoon sugar and milk, cup of coffee, and running after my boys getting them finish for school and while driving to work I will munch a apple/banana or nectarine. Most morning i get it right but then there are those mornings when I am just to lazy to get out of the bed and start my day.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I have a steamer, so I steam 6 - 8 eggs at a time and make hard boiled eggs and keep them in the fridge so it's quick and easy. Steamer makes them perfectly. Don't have to watch them or anything. Just set the timer.
  • melissap81
    melissap81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe from the Insanity nutrition guide and LOVE IT!!!

Non-fat plain greek yogurt
    one apple diced
    chopped almonds or walnuts etc. whatever you prefer (i use about 7 almonds and it is enough)
    1 Tbsp Honey

filling and SO good!!! I have had it the past 3 mornings.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My daughter has trouble with breakfast too. So I set out to make a healthy filling breakfast cookie that a 5 yr old would love and could eat on the way to school. Here's my recipe, feel free to sub in other dried fruit, nuts or chocolate chips, it's to her/our tastes :-)

It's adapted from a skinnytaste.com recipe.

It's 234 calories and I save it in the database under homemade :-)

White chocolate cranberry oatmeal breakfast cookie

Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
    2 scoops protein powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
    1 large egg
    1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 cups quick oats
    3/4 cup white chocolate chips
    3/4 cup craisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.

Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.

Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips and craisins.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls (approx 2 tbsp each) of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.

Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

I put them in individual baggies so they are easy to grab on the way out the door.

Makes 15 cookies.

Enjoy!

I think I'll go share this in recipes since I got it all typed out.
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daughter has trouble with breakfast too. So I set out to make a healthy filling breakfast cookie that a 5 yr old would love and could eat on the way to school. Here's my recipe, feel free to sub in other dried fruit, nuts or chocolate chips, it's to her/our tastes :-)

It's adapted from a skinnytaste.com recipe.

It's 234 calories and I save it in the database under homemade :-)

White chocolate cranberry oatmeal breakfast cookie

Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
    2 scoops protein powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
    1 large egg
    1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 cups quick oats
    3/4 cup white chocolate chips
    3/4 cup craisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.

Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.

Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips and craisins.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls (approx 2 tbsp each) of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.

Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

I put them in individual baggies so they are easy to grab on the way out the door.

Makes 15 cookies.

Enjoy!

I think I'll go share this in recipes since I got it all typed out.

That looks positively scrumptious. Just to clarify - each cookie is 234 calories? Sorry if I missed something obvious...
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Thanks for all the breakfast ideas. I am soooo loving it!!!!!! Now just to get motivated to fix something in the morning. Really really not a morning person. lol. I am going to try!!!! I am going to try!!!!!!
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Whole wheat eggos.
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Bump
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My favorite is scrambled eggs, an orange and a slice of whole grain toast or english muffin. My next go to is a veggie and fruit smoothie... spinach, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, apples, bananas, grapes... whatever I have on hand. I can make up a pitcher the night before, put it in my to-go-bottle and just shake it up as I walk out the door for those "I'm running late mornings".

Protein bars are another substitute but I honestly don't like subbing breakfast for one of these though I have on occasion.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Melissas ready to use crepes - 51calories
    apple diced and sauted a little on the stove - like 40 calories
    smuckers fat free maple syrup drizzled over top 20 calories for 2 tbsp. so good!
  • blondieellie
    blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Homemade musli is good.