I joined the gym!

Options
Does anyone have a workout/fitness program that involves strength training and cardio (i.e. treadmill, bike, eliptical)? I know it needs to be well-rounded but not sure where to start! Thanks!

Replies

• th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    when I started gym I started with treadmill and then went & tried all the classes they were offering. I like Body bar --- working with weights, step up class. I don't like the yoga class there so I do it once a week at home frm Jillian's dvd. So now I workout 5/week. Treadmill or elliptical 3 times & I do weight training once a week & step up class once a week. This works for me.
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    You may want to consider talking with someone there about some personal training sessions. They can be well worth the expense - what you learn from them you can continue to do well after your contract/agreement time for the sessions end. I currently see one every other week because I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but I'm already wishing I saw them more often than I do - she drives me to push harder, while still respecting the limitations my body has.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm just back to MFP yesterday, but I know I need to kick it up a notch and get back into a program. The weather here is so fickle. Should sign up, too, and spend some ME time at the gym!

YOU GO, Shana!!! :o)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's so great! Once I joined a gym I found it was really helpful in holding myself accountable. To me it was "Ok this money is coming out of my account every month, I better make it worthwhile."

Secondly, I'd suggest schedule a couple personal training sessions. Just one or two (as they can be expensive) can really give you a great idea of some well rounded work outs to do on your own. Every 6 months or so, I schedule a couple sessions just to add some exercises to my repertoire and give me a little boost. A trainer can really tailor a workout to your fitness goals and work within your physical limitations. Have fun at the gym!
  • ourhennhouse
    ourhennhouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know Shana that the 'gym' does not have a personal trainer, but you should go in there with Nikki A - she has been going in with Lauren. She may have some ideas. Good luck!