Needing to get healthy for pregnancy

Options

Replies

• ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Same reason here too! I am planning on getting pregnant by July this year and need to drop at least 30 lbs before then. MFP has helped me lose 8 lbs so far. You can add me if you like.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting for children within the next year and know that it would be greatly beneficial to lose weight before trying - not only that but I really want people to notice my 'bump' rather than just thinking 'is she pregnant or just fat??' :)

Good luck, I am starting today too so feel free to add me as a friend
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was exactly where you are at about a year ago. I had great success with MFP! After trying for 2 years, I changed my habits, ate nutritiously and found out we were pregnant last March! You can do this... sounds like your organizing night will be an important step. Best of luck to you! We are all here for support :) Use us!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Me too! I have been using MFP for the last few months, haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel healthier and more fit. I am now 6 weeks pregnant (scary, because it is so early). I am hoping to stay on the lower end of healthy weight gain, and would LOVE some support!!!! Should we start a group?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I am sort of here for the same reason.
    It is one of my reasons for wanting to get in shape, to have a healthy pregnancy, but we aren't looking to start a family for another 2 years. So I started now so that I can make the lifestyle change comfortably and form healthy habits.

I'm 28, 5'7", from B.C. Canada.
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been in this boat for a while. I lost approx 25 lbs and I finally got pregnant, but miscarried over the summer. Dr. thought if I lost weight, my blood pressure would lower, but no such luck. The bp meds I was taking caused me to lose hair so now I'm just trying to lose more weight in hopes it'll finally help.

Good luck in your journey. Feel free to friend me as I'd love to share in support and motivation.
  • aerm0911
    Options
    Wow, I'm shocked to see how many others are in my same situation! Most people who I share my desire to lose weight before pregnancy with tell me its fairly illogical to work hard to lose weight only to put it back on. Clearly, after reading all these posts, I'm not crazy! Best of luck to all
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    We are in sync!!! I have been married a little over a year, and we are now planning a family. I too want to lose before I gain!! ;D
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi, we've been trying for three years, seven months. When we started I was classed as healthy but due to many disappointments I gained weight and was bordering obese. I decided to do something about it before I majorly impacted my health.

I have also been on Clomid and still taking it every month whilst waiting for injectibles. I have a 28 day cycle with it and today is CD29 so you never know.

If anyone wants to add me then please do so (but please put where you found me in the request so I know. Lol.).
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Sounds like we should start a group. How do we do that?

Me too! I have been using MFP for the last few months, haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel healthier and more fit. I am now 6 weeks pregnant (scary, because it is so early). I am hoping to stay on the lower end of healthy weight gain, and would LOVE some support!!!! Should we start a group?
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal. I'm sure you'll find quite a few here with similar goals. Me I'd definitely like more children one day so in a sense I'm in the same boat but I have no time plan on trying again. I'm divorcing and have no man in my life right now. :( One day I hope to have another 1-2 babies maybe more but it wouldn't happen at my weight with blood pressure problems. I had lost 40 lbs before my daughter however I gained back a lot when I met her father and we started to eat at restaurants a lot. I didn't gain much in the beginning of pregnancy then my bp went up at 30 weeks and I started putting on weight. So yep I definitely want to be fit and at an ideal body weight/BMI before anymore pregnancies.
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. We have been trying to get pregnant for a year unsuccessfully and I finally buckled down and started losing some weight. I'm still not pregnant yet but that just means I have more progress to make before it can happen. I also need to lose weight for other reasons but getting pregnant is one of the big reasons. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Looks like I figured out how to start a group. What should be we call it? Any suggestions?
  • agranados87
    agranados87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I had my first baby a little over 5 months ago, but before I got prego I was in the same boat as most of you. Although I was already very healthy and fit, I knew I couldn't maintain my tempo and get pregnant. Anyways, I cut out all drinking (alcohol, even just one drink), started taking pre-natals before we started trying, and charted every month. My husband was deployed at the time, so it was easy for me to focus on myself and really get healthy. We ended up getting pregnant very easily, but I then fell in to the "eating for two trap"; I gained almost 60 lbs!!! I felt horrible after I had my baby, but thanks to mfp and working out, I know only have about 8 lbs to get back to my pre-preg weight :)

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck... my baby has been the most wonderful blessing. Please feel free to add me if you need a friend :)
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Wow! So many amazing stories! Thanks ladies for all the support. Good to know I am not alone.
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Looks like I figured out how to start a group. What should be we call it? Any suggestions?

So excited! Let me know what you end up calling it so I can join... I don't have any creative suggestions as to a name, how abut something straight forward, like "Fit for pregnancy"?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I can say from experince that MFP will definately help. We had been trying for over a year. It is hard to stick to it at times when life is so hectic. I had started my weight loss journey last year around january and lost some weight then in May I found fitness pal and fell in love with it. I lost more weight then we were blessed with becmoing pregnant after trying for way to long and I had to put my diet on hold. I am 29 and have a 4 1/2 year old son and we were blessed January 17 with our newest son. I still can not hit the gym yet or really diet hard, but I am back on track and weigh less than I did before I became pregnant with a total weight loss of 39 pounds and it feels great. It is hard to put yourself in the equation but when you are ready , now that is when the magic happens. Good luck on your journey and I would like to help with the support and motivation.

I am in the same boat. I had my first kid in 05 and 2008 found this site and lost 40lbs. I ended up getting pregnant in 2010 with my youngest and am here to get the weight off as well. I am prepregnant weight as of right now but I still have about 14lbs to make it to my goal of 140.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I also am ttc, I don't need to ole weight but I want to be in better shape. Good luck all with your journey!
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started last year in June just wanting to lose weight. I NEEDED to lose weight anyways but now we're talking about having another baby. Hoping to start trying in Sept. So now my goal is to lose as much as I can and to be in better shape by Sept. =)
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options

lol I have no idea...Making Bodies for Babies?? hehehe send me a link to the group when you create it..I'm so excited that there are so many people having the same concerns!!! I look forward to us all meeting our goals and getting preggo!!