what do u do

Options
Yesterday i went over 500 calories at a party, do i deduct that from today's intake like weight watchers would do or do u simply eat less for a few days to make up the defecit, your advice on this would be gratefully appreciated, im at 1200 calories a day:mad: :smile:

Replies

• sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Yesterday i went over 500 calories at a party, do i deduct that from today's intake like weight watchers would do or do u simply eat less for a few days to make up the defecit, your advice on this would be gratefully appreciated, im at 1200 calories a day:mad: :smile:
  • acoker
    acoker Posts: 9
    Options
    I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.... take a short brisk walk or a workout video if it will make you feel better. I always allow myself a 'cheat day' if there is a special occasion or something- and then just get back on track the next day! You can try to make up for it if you want... but I would just end up splurging calories again if I did that. (I am a big eater! :wink: )
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I would simply add maybe an extra 30 minutes of cardio exercise to my day. And a lot of times on special occasions, we tend to have more sodium intake, so don't be too discouraged if the scale doesn't do what you want for a few days. I personally think special occasions kind of even themselves out.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the others advice.
    Just try to get in more exercise, drink lots of water, and get back on track.
    There ARE certain times and special occasions when we all go overboard. But as long as we get right back on track, get in lots of exercise, and drink our water, we WILL keep losing! I'm living proof of that!
    MFP is the best, I can't say enough good about it! It REALLY, REALLY works! :love: :smile: