Workouts with fastest results

Options
2»

Replies

• smpaselk
    smpaselk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wondering if you have heard of the book "You are your own gym" by mark Lauren,its about body weight exercise hiit. I was wondering your thoughts or opinion.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    For me, it's running. But agree with what a couple others said - you have to find something you are willing to stick with or it won't matter how many calories it burns.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i love my ellipitcal and i just picked up the 30DS. will be starting this after the ok from the Doc. on the 27th.
    I have a good friend of mine that had to stop the eliptical as she was losing to much weight....
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    For me, what works best is a wide variety of exercises because I get bored easily and, also, because I think it's better to mix up the way your muscles are worked. Each week I do at least one session of weight-lifting and I do try to get a second one in, if at all possible. I also do HIIT in various forms (running, cycling, elliptical, etc.) at least twice a week. i also mix up various aerobics classes depending on my mood (cardio-kickboxing, zumba, spin, hydro-fit, step). And try to get in at least one yoga class weekly for the stretching and balance. And, for fun, I will often do longer, steady-state cardio like outdoor cycling, swimming and walking/hiking.

I'm seeing great inch-loss and body-changing results from this and I believe that I'm less inclined to get repetitive injuries.

But, yeah, the most important thing is to find something that you will do because you love it.
  • timsgirl6226
    Options
    Doing the insanity dvd and wow! Lost 1.5 pounds in 2 days and feel really different. Can't quite explain it but it's a great feeling. I stop when I need to because this is so intense. I just do what I can for now. Hopefully I can work my way up but it seems to really be working :-)