THE ZONE- what do we think?

Options
I've tried several diets, some lasting longer than others. Inevitably, they all failed. As a result, I lost hope in all "diets" and decided to just use the knowledge I'd gained through the years and try to just eat healthy. Well, It's been a few years now and my "not a 'diet' diet" isn't really working. Which is why when my brother suggested I start The Zone diet with him the other day, my resistance was short lived. I don't expect anything amazing, but I figure it could do some good to have some guidelines as to what I should eat. And I know just a diet can only do you so much, so I plan on exercising consistently.
Have any of you tried The Zone? Pros? Cons? Let me know, please :happy:

Replies

• locochoco
    Options
    I've tried several diets, some lasting longer than others. Inevitably, they all failed. As a result, I lost hope in all "diets" and decided to just use the knowledge I'd gained through the years and try to just eat healthy. Well, It's been a few years now and my "not a 'diet' diet" isn't really working. Which is why when my brother suggested I start The Zone diet with him the other day, my resistance was short lived. I don't expect anything amazing, but I figure it could do some good to have some guidelines as to what I should eat. And I know just a diet can only do you so much, so I plan on exercising consistently.
    Have any of you tried The Zone? Pros? Cons? Let me know, please :happy:
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did the zone a few years ago and had positive results. I made up an excel worksheet and had it all calculated and graphed out. It got me to my goal then so I would say it is great!! Now that I think about it . . . . I should start it back up too lol:blushing:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    here is a webmd article on it: mixed reviews.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/zone-what-it-is

I can tell you this, it's not really a weight loss strategy, it's more a nutrition platform. You'd still need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight on it.

I don't see how it's a ton different from a common sense healthy nutrition program. Slightly lower carbs, slightly higher fat, and slightly higher protein, but not THAT much. I don't see any reason for you NOT to do it, but I don't see how eating a balanced, normal nutrition program would be much different.

I still say eat right, exercise, create a moderate, sustainable deficit, and you'll lose the weight you need to lose and be healthy doing it.