protein ratio

Options
I have been going over on protein and wondered what ratios I should ,program in to better suit me... I would rather have more protein and less carbs but want what is best

Replies

• heygirl1954
    Options
    I have been going over on protein and wondered what ratios I should ,program in to better suit me... I would rather have more protein and less carbs but want what is best
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I think it depends! (I always hate that answer) If you have incorporated quite a bit of weight training and less cardio then I would adjust your goals to take in more protein. That's what I recently did as I am weight training 4 days a week now. But if you're still doing a lot of cardio then the carbs need to stay up to give you the energy you need. When I adjusted mine, I upped the protein and decreased the fat intake. It's worked for me so I can only go off how my body responded.

Hope this helps in some small way!
  • jillforsythe
    jillforsythe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My protein-fat-carb ratio is 30-30-40.

When I run more regularly my carb increases to 50% and my protein goes down to 20%.
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    thanks for the info...maybe I should stay the same I do 60 min. cardio everyday, 15-20 min. on abs everyday and do weights on upper body every other day. I thought maybe I needed more protein but maybe not thanks
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I have a problem with going over on protein, too, but like you said, that's a better thing to go over on then, say, fat. Although I disagree about decreasing carbs. They are important for good nutrition and energy, and you need to have a good amount of them.
    I think it doesn't really matter if you go a little over on protein.
    Good luck!