From the couch to a 5K!

Options
Does anyone else use this app? It's the 5K runner that starts you on interval running and builds you up to a full 35 minute run. It's about 8 weeks (give or take), and I'm just about to finish week 5.
It's a great app for anyone who wants to be a runner! When I first started, I could barely run a minute without feeling nausous. Today, I ran a full 8 minutes :)

I'm also new to this app, and I LOVE it! It's so addicting. So, I'm also searching for friends on here. Say hi! :)

Replies

• Man_in_Motion
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been using this site since July and have been trying C25K for three weeks-- I just completed Week 3/Day 1 today! Happy to help anyway I can!
  • hahahood
    Options
    At 50 years old and a total non-runner I started the C25K program June 9, 2011. It absolutely works. At week 8 I ran my first 5K. I ran another one a week and a half later. I'm not fast by any means. But I finish. And each run gets a little faster. I have now run 4 5Ks an 8K and 2 10Ks. I don't say that to brag ( if I told you my times you'd know I have nothing to brag about ). :happy: I say it to encourage you that you can do it too!
    I joined the my fitness pal yesterday. I want to loose some more weight to make running easier on my joints and to help overall wellness.
    I am now training for my first half-marathon using the Jeff Galloway interval running method. I NEVER thought I would ever do a half marathon! I still have 11 weeks to train. It has been an interesting very rewarding adventure.
    Keep up the good work!