Feeling Cold All of the time

Options
2»

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i wondered if that's what it was?!?!? i lost 36 and am freezing all the time! huh who new?!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL! Me too!

I have never been cold in my life until I started loosing weight.

I mentioned it to my Doctor in January. He laughed and told me that this is normal.

The way he explained is that the extra weight I had been carrying around were a constant strain on my body that required my body to work hard all the time, thus generating heat. For me, this resulted in high blood pressure in addition to keeping me warm in the winter.

As I lost weight my body did not need to work so hard. So now it is not always working hard enough to keep me warm.

As per my Doctor, it is natural to feel cold when it is cold out. There is not built in ability to not feel cold. Even for Canadians like me!

I do not like feeling cold as I now do. But I will take it over being dead or paralyzed from a stroke any day! :-)
    hell ya!
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I am FREEZING all the time and ti's good to know there is a reason why!!
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts!! I am glad I am not the only one!! I was one of those that could wear shorts and a sweatshirt in the winter and I live in Wyoming!. Not any more! I have to wear socks to bed cuz my feet are so cold!! I thought it was just me!! Glad to hear it's not! Thank you for the Cayenne tip as well. I will try that!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS cold now and was a "sweatsy Betsy" before. I've only lost 7 lbs but my diet has to be the reason. I hear you never get used to it.

Well when I mean acclimatise I mean getting used to being cold all the time! :) small price to pay I feel. Although sometimes sleeping with a jumper on is annoying!
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am always freezing!

My BF complains about my cold hands all the time...
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try cayanne pepper tablets. Very cheap( couple bucks) and it works. A doctor, years ago told me to do it because I was cold from anemia. It really does up the thermostat. Walmarts has them.

I will try that! Thanks!

Just made my Amazon.com Prime purchase for these...should have them by Wednesday. Yay! Thanks for the tip!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Get your iron checked and your thyroid. Both make you feel cold.
  • Whaleluvr
    Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My fingers and toes, are ALWAYS freezing now............find myself drinking more coffee......just to warm my hands up.........and my breath stinks, something FIERCE!!!.............probably from all the coffee...........:bigsmile:
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get your iron checked and your thyroid. Both make you feel cold.

Thanks for the tip. I have had both checked recently, and both are in total normal ranges.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Try cayanne pepper tablets. Very cheap( couple bucks) and it works. A doctor, years ago told me to do it because I was cold from anemia. It really does up the thermostat. Walmarts has them.

I will try that! Thanks!

Just made my Amazon.com Prime purchase for these...should have them by Wednesday. Yay! Thanks for the tip!
    No problem. I hope it works for you. Let me know how it goes if you think about it.