Single parents

Options
Hi! I'm Susan and I'm a single parent of a 9 year old. This is the beginning of week three for me and the first time using this site to its full potential. I've met some great new motivational friends and hope to meet more.

Being a single parent I'm struggling with time demands and how to change not only my eating habits but those of my daughter too. I hope to find other single parents here that are having the same kind of issues and help each other figure out how to balance parenthood and fitness. This is a start I think.

Please add me if you want. Good luck with all your goals - big or small !! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a single mom too. I totally understand where you're coming from. Transitioning my kids to eat healthier has not been too difficult. I still let them have their favorite cereals, chips or cookies but I make sure to buy the ones that don't tempt me. For example - no more Doritos! Because mom will eat the whole bag!

My kids are older than yours (15 & 11) so it is easier for me to get out of the house for a quick walk or go to the gym. But I've also tried to incorporate them into my workouts. We have a couple state parks located nearby so we go hiking on the trails on the weekends or go throw the frisbie at the park. Also, since I can't get to the gym everyday, I go on the days they're with Dad and I "double-up" at the gym - I might do cardio and strength training or double up on cardio - whatever works for me. It means spending a couple hours there but I get it all done at once which is easier on my schedule.

Feel free to add me!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a single Mum too! My children are 7, 10 and 13...Ive been wearing the Mum and Dad hat for the past 5 years! I now have a boyfriend which is lovely and gives me a little break but its been such a tough 5 years!!!