When I feel like I just can't workout

Options
Lately I have been doing extremely well at getting a workout in every day. I found that some days I just didn't feel up to it and thought I would share what worked for me.

I would get up, set my oven timer for 5 minutes, put a song on, close my blinds(very important step!) and just dance. It works every time. Most days I would run over and set it for another 5 minutes and so on. Soon I was setting the timer for another 5 and start jogging on the spot (big calorie burn there).

Now I have Wii Zumba, Exerbeat which includes dance programs and of course Just Dance games. I am only a month or so into it but I have amazing energy and I actually feel hungry now.

Replies

• mrsleftybrown
    Options
    I agree. I have been doing Dance Central 2 now for almost 2 months and at first I just didn't want to do it and now I have to do it for at least 30 minutes a day. Along with that, I am walking laps around the house in the early morning hours. I am a teacher and get up at 4:30 in the morning. That is way to early to walk around the neighborhood for my own safety, plus my husband won't let me for the same reason. So I set the timer on my Fitbit and walk laps for 20 minutes. It use to be 5 minutes but I am now up to 20 minutes every morning.

I have also found that if I work out some in the morning I get a bigger pay out in weight loss because I am kick starting my metabolism. I am not sure if this is true or not but it seems to be working for me.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It does work. I do that too! After a couple of GOOD songs and good stretching I get back into the mode :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I may have to try that tonight! I've been having trouble getting myself to workout. Thanks for the tip!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread.
    I was just feeling like doing nothing. i thought I may not get in a workout today. But I just changed into my workout clothes and I'm going to give it a go :)
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Me too! I did not exercise this morning and have regretted it all day. But, I will walk tonight. No more regrets!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That is just, awesome. :)
  • rsidebo
    Options
    Good idea... thanks. I need all the encouragement I can get.
  • roadworthy
    Options
    No problem:) Glad to know its helped someone
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just can't workout

I want this feel when ever I'm DONE working out, I give everything, 100%, my all, to my exercise. If I don't feel completely destroyed my intensity wasn't high enough.