Opinions: Almond Breeze VS Silk

Options
2»

Replies

• Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i prefer silk - unsweetened versus blue diamond - unsweetened. I feel it has a bit of a nuttier taste
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I prefer Almond Breeze; I like the taste and consistency. The Silk brand of almond milk is too thick for me. I haven't had any problems with either clumping when heated though.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I like both...honestly. I usually get Almond Breeze though, mainly because of habit. Though I have started getting the Kroger Organic Almond Milk (unsweetened, always lol).
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell a difference, but for some reason I just favor Silk (I see I'm in the minority there, though, haha). I love using almond milk for everything, no matter the brand :)
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always buy Silk Unsweetened Vanilla but after reading all the responses in this thread, I think I need to give Almond Breeze a try!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I prefer to drink the almond/coconut milk, but if I'm just using it for oatmeal or whatever, I buy what's on sale.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Anyone concerned with the carrageenan in almond breeze?

I would also like to know opinions on this. As for me, I could go between either. I usually use Almond Breeze because you can buy them in the smaller shelf safe versions a little easier. Those giant Silk cartons just add a lot of weight to groceries when I have a big load (I walk everywhere)!
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Silk over Almond Breeze. I find it smoother and creamier.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Silk for me. Almond Breeze contains carrageenan. Carrageenan is not allowed on the SCD/Gaps diet for Crohn's/Colitis ... it feeds to beasties... ^_^
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anyone concerned with the carrageenan in almond breeze?

I would also like to know opinions on this. As for me, I could go between either. I usually use Almond Breeze because you can buy them in the smaller shelf safe versions a little easier. Those giant Silk cartons just add a lot of weight to groceries when I have a big load (I walk everywhere)!

this is one of the reasons I switched from Almond Breeze...and then I found I prefer Silk anyway.