I did it! I can't believe I really did it!

Options
So I started this year with the goal of running my first ever 5K at the end of June. I wanted to finish in under 30 minutes. I had tried running a few times before, but never really got very far. And to be honest, a part of me fully expected myself to quit by the end of March. And another part expected that even if I kept going and did the race, I'd never finish in less than 30 minutes. I guess it's a good thing I didn't listen to those negative voices in my head, because yesterday, I ran the full three miles outside, and I did it in 26 minutes! I couldn't believe it! This is really going to happen!

I still have two and a half months to train before the race. So now I'm changing my goal. I'm going to finish that bad boy in under 25 minutes, you mark my words!

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    So I started this year with the goal of running my first ever 5K at the end of June. I wanted to finish in under 30 minutes. I had tried running a few times before, but never really got very far. And to be honest, a part of me fully expected myself to quit by the end of March. And another part expected that even if I kept going and did the race, I'd never finish in less than 30 minutes. I guess it's a good thing I didn't listen to those negative voices in my head, because yesterday, I ran the full three miles outside, and I did it in 26 minutes! I couldn't believe it! This is really going to happen!

I still have two and a half months to train before the race. So now I'm changing my goal. I'm going to finish that bad boy in under 25 minutes, you mark my words!
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Excellent job! :drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!!!!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!:drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: WTG!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: That is awesome!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good job!!!! You are an inspriation to me!!! I would love to be able to run a 5k.... Right now, I can only run a little over 1 mile without stopping to take a break, but I know I'll get there eventually. Right now, I'm working at being able to run 1.5 miles straight through!!!
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow Thats great, keep up the good work.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good for you!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats ,You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    As a fellow newbie runner myself I can fully understand how ridiculously exciting that is.....CONGRATS!
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well DONE, YOU!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so great!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!