Roller Skating

2»

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    oh man this topic is so timely! GO GO GO! I am older than all of you, 44, and I loooooooooooooove to roller skate. roller skate not roller blade. makes me feel so young and is so much fun. my little Ronnie had his 12th bday party there three wks ago and I just spent the past 5 hrs skating to my hearts content since it was a holiday they have all day skate. it is the absolutely funnest healthy activity for me besides dancing and well you know lol. I am out there shaking my booty to the music. they play new stuff and old 80s, michael jackson, madonna, beastie boys! my legs are looking awesome and we have only gone about 4 times this month so far. but im gonna make it a couple of times a wk. my *kitten* is so tight now I love it! and I want to have a party there when I turn 45 in may. Do it and dont look back. i asked hubs to join me but he is not a skater so i go with the kids. dont worry about what he says. just do what you love to do and then exercise is not a chore.
  • I love to go to our local roller rink and skate with the kids....burning 800+ calories and dancing and laughing!! Cant beat that! Go girl!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    I am 46 and still love to go! We have cheap nights at the rink here and a bunch of us ladies go! It's a blast
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    I am 29 (turning 30 in a little over a month) and I just went roller skating yesterday!! I love it. It is a fun high intensity work out. I go to the skating rink though since I don't own my own skates.

Next week I'm doing laser tag and then rock climbing. I don't want my work outs to get boring ... they should be fun!!
  • I am 30 and love to rollerskate as well. It's great exercise, and if you go to an actual skating rink, they even have "adult nights" .... so skating is not just for kids! Any exercise is good..... I jump rope.... maybe juvenille but it helps burn calories. Have fun skating! : )
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    LOVE that I am not the only one!! I loved skating when I was younger (only 33 now!)....I, too, cannot get hubby to go with me. Gotta find a buddy!!

: )
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    i skate and i love it! get it!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    I am 27 and love rollerskating. If you lived anywhere close to me I would volunteer to be your skating buddy! Don't worry about what other people think, most people are so worried about how they appear to others that they forget to enjoy their life! don't be like them. Go out and have a blast!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I am 29 (turning 30 in a little over a month) and I just went roller skating yesterday!! I love it. It is a fun high intensity work out. I go to the skating rink though since I don't own my own skates.

Next week I'm doing laser tag and then rock climbing. I don't want my work outs to get boring ... they should be fun!!

I know what you mean. I am starting to not like to go to the gym. I just get too bored. My boyfriend is kinda lazy and doesn't like to do many active things. You are kinda close to me, what rink do you go to? I don't of know many in dallas anymore. The one I went to as a kid closed down not too long ago. FYI- regular roller skates are super cheap. I got my pair at sports academy for $25 a few years ago.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I am 27 and love rollerskating. If you lived anywhere close to me I would volunteer to be your skating buddy! Don't worry about what other people think, most people are so worried about how they appear to others that they forget to enjoy their life! don't be like them. Go out and have a blast!

Thanks! Yeah, you are a little to far away to be a skate buddy. I will try. I am going to see about finding a park near me this week.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Like, not rollerblading, Roller Skating. I used to love putting on my skates and skate around my neighborhood, like 5 years ago, but my BF thinks it is juvenille and makes jokes about it when I say I want to start doing it again. Since then I haven't gotten up the courage to do it. Am I the only 29, almost 30 year old chick that isn't in a roller derby that still enjoys this?

PS- no I will not join a roller derby, I am too accident prone. lol

Lets see your boy friend strap on a pair and make it happen. I'm 57, skate sometimes 3 times a week, burn an average of 1100 calories per session. Go for it, you won't regret it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i don't derby, it's too brutal for me.

i am a 33 year old mom of 2 that plays roller hockey and i love it. roller skating rules! when you go to the rink, you will be pleasantly surprised with how many adult are skating with kids. don't let your boyfriend discourage you from going!

all you skaters, feel free to friend me. :)
  • Like, not rollerblading, Roller Skating. I used to love putting on my skates and skate around my neighborhood, like 5 years ago, but my BF thinks it is juvenille and makes jokes about it when I say I want to start doing it again. Since then I haven't gotten up the courage to do it. Am I the only 29, almost 30 year old chick that isn't in a roller derby that still enjoys this?

PS- no I will not join a roller derby, I am too accident prone. lol

I think he just doesn't want anybody to see how hot your legs look while your skating. :wink: Do what you love, it drives men crazy :love: !
    Big hugs,
    Rebekah