Do you count/measure your fruits and veggies

Options
Sometimes I get irritated with MFP because I have to log broccoli or strawberries. I did WW and was very successful in the past but thought I would try something different. With WW you dont have to count most fruits and most veggies. They are FREE. You can eat a whole freakin bag of baby carrots and it doesnt count against you. So I was just wondering if everyone on here counts every bite of lettuce or other green leafy vegetable?

Replies

• unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do. I eat a LOT of fruits and veggies, and they add up. Especially the fruit.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. But a cup of shredded lettuce is only 5 cals, it's good it's good to be in the habit of logging EVERYTHING that passes your lips, including water. You will thank yourself in the future when you can look back at how you were eating ect.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Yes, I count every single bite because it's all calories going into my body. And it can be hard because it forces you to make a choice between what you should eat and what you want to eat. But (in my opinion) that is what will make me successful in the long run.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I log it all!
  • McKristy
    Options
    Yes, because I'm counting calories and they all have calories. If I eat a ton of fruits and veggies, plus my allotted daily calories, in reality I'm going over.
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I count/weigh/measure EVERYTHING. Part of the reason is because I am a diabetic and carrots have a lot of carbs in them. The other reason is although the veggies are great to eat, all those little calories will add up.

Once you get the hang of what a "serving size" is, you can guesstimate.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do count everything but I eat vegan.

The only things I don't count are gum and vitamins :)
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I log everything that passes through my lips, even gum! its a calorie good or bad...
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I count, but it is difficult for me to reach my fiber goals, unless I do so.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I'm counting calories and they all have calories. If I eat a ton of fruits and veggies, plus my allotted daily calories, in reality I'm going over.

The same here as well!
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do. BUT I do not log gum or cough drops (if I have a sore throat I use them). I know that's a no-no. LOL
  • juliedee6
    juliedee6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was on WW for 3 months and lost nothing, and I loved the free fruits and veggies, but I think I may have overeaten the fruits. I do log everything on MFP and have been more successful
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I log everything
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why someone wouldn't count fruits or vegs...They have calories, carbs, sodium, etc. Not counting them is just cheating yourself...No point in that. WW telling people they don't have to count that stuff, is just absurd.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I often don't bother with the low-calorie vegetables. Or if I do it's just a guess.
    For all the vegetables I eat, 50 calories here or there doesn't matter to me.

I log fruits, though.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I measure my fruit carefully, but I guesstimate my veggies. I want to eat lots of both, but they DO add up, and they count toward your daily intake after all.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, they have calories don't they?
    I don't obsess over how many lettuce leaves in a salad, I have entries in my recipe section for "green salad no dressing" and "green salad with dressing" and I usually use those to make it quicker. Brocoli is on my frequent foods list as is most of the fruit I eat regularly, so it's really no harder than entering porridge or chicken.
    I could easily eat 200 - 300 cals of fruit and veggies a day (more if I have avocado) so it's not like we're only talking 3 strawberries for 12 cals.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I do. I weigh and or measure everything.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have logged everything as I maybe knew the calorie fat content but it has been interesting to see protein carbs etc... Give a whole new understanding to food and what you are eating, hopefully make me wiser in future