Chunks of My Gut: Revisited

Options
Kris0109
Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
About 7 months ago I posted the following topic:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/282722-50lbs-5-months-woo

Now, 23 lbs later, I give you one year of MFP, AKA "Chunks of My Gut: Revisited"
Christmas 2010:
5110003_3753_thumb.jpg

10 minutes ago:
5110003_492.jpg
Some date about a year ago: Last week:
5110003_2011.jpg

So, the biggest thing I wish was that I'd taken measurements and pictures at the onset of this journey. Some stats tho... I'm 5'10, large-framed and pretty pear shaped. On February 17, 2011, I was 283lbs. I wore a size 22 pant and an XXL top. Today I weigh 210lbs. I wear a size 14 pant and a size M or L top, depending on the store. I've got another 40 to go to be "Normal" (but only 1 to be ONLY overweight!)

I started with measurements a couple of months in:
- In April, my waist was 40". Today it's 34.5" (-5.5")
- In April, my hips were 51.5" (that hurts). Today they're 45" (-6.5")

I have no idea if another 40 is realistic (or enough). Every day I lose is my new lowest adult weight. I'm young and hydrated enough that my skin is bouncing back nicely, but I know I'll have the stretch marks for the rest of my life. I've gone thru several phases during the year, including a lower carb phase, a C25K phase, not logging, logging most days, logging only calories, Zumba, rowing ... you name it, I've been there. Right now, I'm doing 4 Zumba classes a week, a little running, and lower but not low carb, and that's got me back to losing about 2 lbs a week.

I know this is something that'll only get harder as I get older, but I'm pretty happy that even when I wasn't logging, I wasn't really gaining either. Sure, I wish I'd been more diligent over the holidays so I could boast an even bigger number, but right now, looking back, 73 down sounds pretty darn good. :)

Replies

• Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fixed pics... right?
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hooray! SO PROUD OF YOU, K! You look amazing, and I haven't even seen that *kitten* in person! Pear-shaped tall girls, unite!
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Woah you do not need to lose 40 more pounds! There won't be anything left!
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If your heart tells you to loose more weight then do it. Don't focus so much on a number rather than how you feel about yourself. You've come a long way, and it shows. Be very proud of yourself. Congratulations.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful
  • mrsred79
    Options
    You are gorgeous!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! Sounds like you haven't tried heavy weight lifting. Give that a try, it should really help.
  • CalienteChica
    CalienteChica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! !! Keep up the great work. Glad to hear your skin is bouncing back since that is something that I worry
    About.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!