ZUMBA RUSH tech problems

Options
I take zumba classes twice a week and love it! I tried the first game for the wii and unfortunately didn't really like it compared to the class... anyway, when the new xbox game came out, I mentioned to my boyfriend that it looked way better than the first one and I might pick it up. He was so sweet and surprised me by getting it for me after work one day. I think it is great! It's sooo much better than the first one and I really like not having to use the wii controller.
BUT ...How in the world is it calculating my calories burned?! There isn't a place to input your weight, height, etc.... so I really don't want to rely on this calculation. I'm in the process of picking out a HRM but till then... should I just use the calculations on zumbacalories.com? Anyone else have this issue/ figure this out?

Replies

• dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi,
    My husband just bought mine too. I was wondering the same thing about the calories. I also have not purchased a hrm yet. Everytime I look into one, I feel so confused. I should probably just get one and be done with it. I assumed that the game tracked your movements and accuracy to get a reading. But, you are right, it didn't ask for any of your information. Maybe it is just averages.
    On the positive side, I did really enjoy the game. I had tried the older xbox one and hated it. I am overall pleased so far.
    Did you like the game?
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used zumbacalories.com before I got my hrm and they are really close. Probably within 20 cal or so. I divided mine out though. For the first part of Zumba, I'm fine, after a little bit it was harder. So 20 min I did at low and then the rest at medium. Worked out well.. Good luck!!
  • Funshinerika
    Options
    YES! I've played it 4 times since last Wednesday! It's almost as fun as going to class! :) Yeah, I think I'm actually going to just get an HRM instead of just saying I will...
    It's great that your HRM was pretty close to the website, that's comforting that I'm not over calculating too much.