Morning Workouts

Options
What do you eat before a morning workout? I find it hard to eat anything more than a bowl of cereal that early in the morning but feel my energy slowly slipping away within 1- 2 hours!

Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'm naughty and don't eat anything beforehand

Its get up, get out and work out. Then I'll eat afterwards
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    thats the right way, i dont eat before, that way you can use up your glycogen stores and refuel them afterwards.

:)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm naughty and don't eat anything beforehand

Its get up, get out and work out. Then I'll eat afterwards

Ditto- unless I am waiting till 10 to work out (I work pm shifts noon or 1) I usually get up and go- come back drink a whey drink and a banana. if I eat before usually toast with pb.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I eat nothing.. if I do.. I'll cramp up. Breakfast is a nice treat to look forward to post-work out.
  • coffeebrownqueen
    Options
    I don't eat before a workout; focusing on getting up, grabbing a glass of water and getting on treadmill - once I am finish all I can think about is that first cup of coffee. if hungry in the morning when you wake up, I have eatten a half banana - nothing heavy!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The best time for my workout is about 11:30 - 12:30, and I can't on a full stomach. I usually have just coffee and a granola bar mid morning. (please don't judge, it's working for me right now) Then I eat a small lunch, an early dinner, and an evening snack - so start eating about every 3 hours and guzzling water from that point in the day.