Less weight to lose? Pay attention to body fat % and measur

Options
ashiggins
ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
Hi everyone, I'm just under 5'7" and started around 164 lbs (around last August). Ultimately, I would like to get down to 140 lbs and maintain. My priority through this process has been to avoid doing anything drastic, so I am not eating very low calorie. In fact, I typically eat 1800-2200 calories with occasional days that are even higher, but I do workout 1-1.5 hours most days.

To avoid a long story, the weight is not coming off easily based on the scale. I was feeling defeated earlier this month, so I took some pictures (Feb. 6th) and compared them to pictures that I took before Thanksgiving. I was pretty surprised by the comparison because there is only around a 3 pound difference! Then, a trainer at my gym updated my body fat % and measurements and I had lost 3% body fat and 2 inches from my waist since January 11. So, I encourage all of you to take before/after pictures and measurements to keep you motivated--especially those of you who have 20 or less pounds to lose! I know that when you have less to lose it can be hard to stay motivated for only a couple pounds of weight loss a month, but stick with it! I'm still trucking along and I'm hoping to be close to my goal of 140 lbs by June 1st. Good luck meeting your goals!

34dj6ev.png
316xe9f.png
av1mqq.png

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! And your butt looks great, too!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    u look amazing - i totally agree with ur way of thinking. well done. losing the fat % is mega hard but makes all the difference. ;o)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    looking great !!! i wish i knew my body fat %...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!