mom of twins trying to lose weight

Options
Hi there!
I figured I should introduce myself now that I've been on mfp for a while. I rarely come to the message boards simply due to time (I'm a mom of 5 month old twins and a 2 year old). But anyway, I have a goal to lose about 20 lbs through exercise primarily, since I'm breastfeeding the babies and don't want to sabotage my milk supply.
I'm currently training for a half-marathon at the end of March. I'm NOT a runner, but the past 6 weeks I've seen my body transform as far as running ability and endurance are concerned. It's pretty mind-blowing!
Anyway, that's me in a nutshell!

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm the mom to twins as well.... my boys are 7 years old now :)

Welcome!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am a mother of twins...but mine are 12 now...I too had a 2 year old about the same time my twins were 5 months~~ It's crazy times. but enjoy them!!
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Welcome. I remember the baby days. My girls are now 3, with three older siblings. I want to start working on running (if my knee will allow it) and do a half marathon.

Edit: We also have 17 year old twin boys. Poor 9 year old in the middle is all alone.
  • jillsusanne
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a new mom to an almost 4 month old girl. I have been running for years and joined MFP to lose the last 10-15 pounds post pregnancy and get back to my starting weight. I also am breastfeeding and wanted to make sure I was losing weight safely rather than just guessing at my calorie intake! I hope to run a few races (possibly a half marathon too) this summer. Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends on here!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Look up exercising and breastfeeding and twins and breastfeeding on Kellymom and on LLL.... together they should give you a good idea of how many calories you should be consuming per day to make plenty of milk for those babies. I commend you for breastfeeding twins with a toddler at home. That takes guts and courage! I'm so proud of you!
    ~maddymama
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Wow, didn't expect to see so many parents of twins! :-) Feel free to add as a friend; I don't read the boards too often but am on the app on my phone pretty frequently (can write on 'walls' for encouragement).
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Look up exercising and breastfeeding and twins and breastfeeding on Kellymom and on LLL.... together they should give you a good idea of how many calories you should be consuming per day to make plenty of milk for those babies. I commend you for breastfeeding twins with a toddler at home. That takes guts and courage! I'm so proud of you!
    ~maddymama
    Thanks, I'll definitely have to check it out! And thanks for the encouragement! :-)
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I too, am a mother of twins. mine just turned 18 and they have NEVER seen me thin.(except in old pictures) That is one of my incentives before they leave for college. :) Good luck on your journey. I am half way there. Feel free to add me as a friend.