A size 4? Really?

Options
Yesterday, I was running out the door to get my son at nursery school. I pulled the first pair of jeans that I saw out of my drawer. I had forgotten that drawer was my "wish I could get in this" drawer. :grumble:

It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that I recognized that these jeans were a size four.:noway: Now granted, these aren't Seven For All ManKind size fours (which are more like a size 2), but they were Levis that I hadn't worn in two, maybe three years. They were a little baggy in the waist. I couldn't believe it. My weight had not shifted much.

All I could say was, "Thank you God!" :flowerforyou:

Look it, if I can do you...ANYONE CAN! I am so addicted to really good food that it isn't even funny! :drinker: Be inspired...Seriously...I'm not a good "weight loser" at all....slow....slow...slow....

I still have around 4-6 pounds to go, but "Thank you God!":ohwell:

Replies

• mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was running out the door to get my son at nursery school. I pulled the first pair of jeans that I saw out of my drawer. I had forgotten that drawer was my "wish I could get in this" drawer. :grumble:

It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that I recognized that these jeans were a size four.:noway: Now granted, these aren't Seven For All ManKind size fours (which are more like a size 2), but they were Levis that I hadn't worn in two, maybe three years. They were a little baggy in the waist. I couldn't believe it. My weight had not shifted much.

All I could say was, "Thank you God!" :flowerforyou:

Look it, if I can do you...ANYONE CAN! I am so addicted to really good food that it isn't even funny! :drinker: Be inspired...Seriously...I'm not a good "weight loser" at all....slow....slow...slow....

I still have around 4-6 pounds to go, but "Thank you God!":ohwell:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:

Although I will admit that I think I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth a bit hearing you talking about a size 4 (I wasn't even a size 4 when I knew I was thin). BUT- everyone's body is different and I would definitely look unhealthy if I was a size 4 so I will continue to strive for an 8! Good job though. And this goes to show you that it doesn't always matter what the scale says but rather how you feel and how your clothes fit. KIU!
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Congradulations on you accomplishment!!! I myself will never be a size 4 but I am fine with that I am and will always be big gurl. I am going for size 8 that will be my Thank you god moment:bigsmile: .

Congrats:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    I love it when that happens. Although last time that happened to me it was a size 24 :laugh:

I'm aiming for a size 10 myself. Doesn't matter if you lose it slow, as long as you lose it!!
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    Ladies!

I am a very small person with a very small frame. So my size four is a size 8 or 10 to many women. I should be buying my clothing in the girls section...in fact I wear Hanna Andersson size 150 or 160...what that means is that I buy little kids clothes. I'm tiny. Guess what? I weight 149 right now, too. :grumble: So go figure. According to BMI calculators I should 110 pounds MAX! :noway: I am a weight lifter, so that's my excuse.

I get so blasted mad:mad: at all of those "generic calculators" because they can be down right discouraging. I wonder what "models" those doctors and experts are using.....

Point being...ladies...and please don't miss it..please...IF I CAN DO THIS YOU CAN! I mean that, too!

I LOVE REALLY GOOD GOURMET FOOD and really good wine and dark beer that you can stand a spoon in :drinker: (not that I get to drink it but every three months or so when my son is doing an overnight or something).
  • angyltears
    Options
    Don't let those stupid calcs discourage you! That is so awesome you made it into your "wish" drawer keep up the great work!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good work! :flowerforyou:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I get so blasted mad:mad: at all of those "generic calculators" because they can be down right discouraging. I wonder what "models" those doctors and experts are using.....

Yeah I would never go by those "normal" numbers if I went by that I would look anorexic!! No thanks I like my curves. So I think that as long as we are at a place where we feel fit and healthy thats all that matter!!!
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    Yeah I would never go by those "normal" numbers if I went by that I would look anorexic!! No thanks I like my curves. So I think that as long as we are at a place where we feel fit and healthy thats all that matter!!!

AMEN!

I have been 105 pounds before and I was having to go to the little girls section...NOT JUNIORS but little girls and I wore a size 12 children's. The measurements for this was 25" waist and 30" hip. That's ridiculous. :noway: I didn't look like a woman...I looked like a little girl. I had NO CURVES at all.

Now, I'm a woman so I don't know what is attractive, but I would think that curves are good on a women! :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!