Replies

• premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Avocado!!:bigsmile:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I use butter sparingly and get the whipped kind if I'm going to spread it on corn, bread, etc. It has more air, so fewer calories. Margarine is basically a petroleum product in my eyes... not something I want on my dining table.

For cooking, I have a spray gadget that I put olive oil into, then pump to pressurize -- that way you don't get the chemicals in the spray.

Lots of options... do what makes sense to you and try to keep it within reason and you should be ok.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    interesting!! I guess I too have been misled by Country Crock's "No Trans Fat" label... Back to butter for me. (Hopefully in more sensible portions since I am now eating way less bread, pasta, etc and rarely bake.)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    People say that because margarine is solidified vegetable oil for the most part. I used to use the Parkay/I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray that is "0" calories (though it's really not) but have since switched to Land O' Lakes Light Canola Butter, because it's real and instead of pretending that the spray is 0 calories when it's really not I measure out the butter and count the calories.