What are you giving up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• fluffy2fit
    Options
    I'm actually giving something up and adding something in.

I'm giving up Cheese. This one is going to take a lot of prayer as I am completely addicted to cheese. I actually look for ways to sneak cheese when no one is looking. Shameful I know.
    I'm adding in at least 1 random act of kindness a day towards a complete stranger.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm actually giving something up and adding something in.

I'm giving up Cheese. This one is going to take a lot of prayer.
    I'm adding in at least 1 random act of kindness a day towards a complete stranger.

I love the 1 random act of kindness!!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels and food that is typically passed through a window.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have given this a lot of though and I am going to give up flavored water (coffee, tea, crystal light, etc) because it will remind me of the Living Water we have in Christ.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up soda, fast food, and chips. The chips will be the hardest part!
    Im also giving up excuses!!!!!!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In keeping with family tradition (not to give up but to do something good for 40 days) - am going to try carrying my small crosses cheerfully!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    In keeping with family tradition (not to give up but to do something good for 40 days) - am going to try carrying my small crosses cheerfully!

love this!!!
  • FitBritt1
    Options
    I gave up facebook and websites I visited often last year and it was great! I had so much more time to spend with family, friends and God and it allowed me to focus more on that than on the worldy news and materialism. This year I am going to read a chapter or two from the Bible daily and I am going to pray the Rosary during the week. Good luck everyone & God Bless : )
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to decide.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I am giving up all soda (regular, diet, etc) eating at my favorite pizza place. That will be hard....they have the best pizza!!
  • Zipit57
    Options
    I am thinking of giving up Facebook and Pinterest--and all the games on FB and my phone. I figure I waste quite a bit of time on those. I bet I can find something better to do with my time. My husband will probably thank me, too!
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    For 40 days, I will give up all of my excuses for not exercising at least 30 minutes each day and just do it!

good one!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time deciding this year. I like to add prayers or acts of service during Lent, but I like the sacrifice aspect of giving something up, too. Maybe sugar this year? Since I've started tracking my calories and I'm seeing exactly how much sugar I'm eating, I realize I'm taking in much more than I had imagined.
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Last year I gave up 80% of my facebook games and it felt really good. I'm debating on this year. I am kind of thinking I'll give up pizza (my kids and dh eat it weekly or even more often) but instead of giving up I usually try to add in a new good habit. Got another day to decide...
  • linderomatic
    Options
    Great topic!!! My husband and I are giving up chocolate. Also, we are striving to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. I just joined this site to help me keep track of my food and I am excited to reach my goal. I think with keeping track of what I eat and eating less during Lent (no eating between meals) I will reach my goal by Easter :)
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am giving up my scale....because I am to focused on the numbers and not focused enough on all my hard work I've been doing! I have upped my daily exercise and weekly calorie burns from 1500 a week to 3500 a week. I keep feeling defeated when I step on the scale...so the scale it is!!!!
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up refined/added sugar
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything. Instead, I plan to build the habit of daily exercise over the lenten period. Taking better care of the body God gave me, so that I may do the work He has planned.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oops, duplicate post. Sorry!
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    moderation, chastity and temperance