What keeps you going?

Options
Right now I'm sitting at a plateau (Because I started working out again) and I'm really feeling lazy these days. So far gained two lbs back. I need a little motivation to keep me focused.:brokenheart:

Replies

• emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm sitting at a plateau (Because I started working out again) and I'm really feeling lazy these days. So far gained two lbs back. I need a little motivation to keep me focused.:brokenheart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    What helps me is taking a tape measure and holding it around my waiste where I use to be. Those six inchs are help keep me from putting it all back on.

If you just started exercising again, don't forget to eat more. that really does help prevent plateaus
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You've come so far! Don't stop now!

These plateaus and times when your mind is telling you to stop, these are normal, you just have to push your way thru them and then your 'fun' will come back. If you're bored with your workouts do something else. Dance to songs on the radio. Whatever. Just get movin'!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    The vacation I have planned this summer....its almost bikini time!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yah, just look at your ticker and think about how hard you worked to lose those 40+ pounds! You can't stop now! Once you get started it'll be easy to get back on track again!
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    I keep a pair of my fat pants hanging on my bedroom wall. The are a 52" waist, and I now wear a 38". I recently hung up a pair of 36", and they will stay there until I can wear them.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a goal that I want to reach by Memorial Weekend.
    We are going up north for vacation and I wanna wear some new cute clothes.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow after reading all these post I feel like I can beat this plateau. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas with me. It's much appreciated!!!:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: