How many calories do you eat per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm 209 pounds and i average around 1600 per day and i pretty much just go by when i feel hungry.

some days i barely make 900 calories because i'm just not that hungry, other days i'll be hungrier and will eat 2000 calories. for the past few days i had been going through a not hungry phase and barely getting 1000 calories, but today when i woke up i was a bottomless pit and have so far eaten 2300 calories :laugh: i'll probably also end up eating a half apple and some almond butter too before i go to sleep :laugh:

also my workouts are pretty tough with lifting heavy things, doing HIIT, and kickboxing, so there's no way i could do all that on less than a 1600 calories average.
  • lollypops09
    lollypops09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I'm 5'7 - weight 217 and 55 years old. I don't even log my exercise because I don't want MFP to tell me to eat more HA! I started with weight watchers and soon realized although it is a great program I still had to discover what worked for my body makeup. I have type II diabetes, high cholesterol and high triclycerites (sp) It is really a journey to figure out but once you do the weight will start dropping. I started out with small changes and each day/week I go a little farther and learn a little more. Your body is telling you something. For me, although I thought I was eating the right things, I found more protein is working better. MFP has been the secret weapon for me. Logging my food and knowing exactly what nutrients I am getting is magic for me.
  • CUT3ANDS3XIAN0R3X1
    Options
    I can eat anywhere from 1,200-1,800 depending on the day and how emotionally taxing it was. Lol.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I weigh 241 and I eat around 2200 a day and burn around 500 in exercise, with a semi-active job. I'm losing with that many calories.