Susan Boyle :0)

Options
What an inspiring woman!! I have watched that video over and over again and STILL get chills and tears in my eyes. I watch the whole thing with a smile. :smile:

Everybody deserves happiness and to live their dreams. I am SO happy for her! And isn't she just adorable?!

Whats YOUR dream?!

I have a lot of dreams, lol. Here's one of them though: I dream of someday owning my own business and making damn good money doin' it, lol. :happy: And, OF COURSE, being healthy and happy! :smile:

20 MILLION viewers and rising by the second! Amazing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Replies

• Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    What an inspiring woman!! I have watched that video over and over again and STILL get chills and tears in my eyes. I watch the whole thing with a smile. :smile:

Everybody deserves happiness and to live their dreams. I am SO happy for her! And isn't she just adorable?!

Whats YOUR dream?!

I have a lot of dreams, lol. Here's one of them though: I dream of someday owning my own business and making damn good money doin' it, lol. :happy: And, OF COURSE, being healthy and happy! :smile:

• erlehmkuhle
    Options
    Wow, You really got me thinking. I have been tackling so many different things and don't really have an end goal. But I have found some things that are in common, kids and fitness. So I'm setting a new goal, I would like to have my own gym that offers everything for kids and adults alike. We have a YMCA here but it is ran more like a day care center with kids just running rampant. Thanks for getting me back on track.
  • Roxy34
    Options
    I have an end goal but, Im jumbled in between, lol. I can't decide on what I want to do. I want to incorporate all of my interests and values into my business. Its only then, can you really give it 110%! No sense doing something you're not going to be happy doing or don't believe in! :happy:

Best of luck to you in your ventures!
  • bella33067
    bella33067 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every time I see and hear her sing it just makes me cry with happiness. She is fearless!

We can learn so much from her strength!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Enchanting and inspiring. I couldn't hold back the tears. I noticed one persons shallow comment on Youtube calling her an ugly scare crow -- to which I replied "Yea, well, she can fix her appearance with some cosmetic surgery.... YOU on the other hand, can't fix stupid."
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    My mother always said, "Don't judge a book by its cover!" Susan is amazing and cute and sweet! 47 and never been on a date or kissed! I bet that will change now! What a voice! A overnight sensation! I love the way the audience changed the moment she opened her mouth! I made it my facebook song of the day and have been listening to her each day now for almost a week!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    It really does make me think though. I work with youth at work, then I get home and work with my kids, after that I work with the local kids. I pay their gym fees, transport them to out of town gyms to compete with the best, train them in my own home at times. I create workout plans, diet plans, supplement plans for free. Most of the kids that work out with me are hard working street kids with lacking financial situations. The only thing I ask of them is to stay out of trouble, and I keep firm in that rule. It has been successful so far. I just don't have my own gym to call home. It is kind of frustrating cause there are more kids out there that could use the "big brother". I scrape every penny for these kids, it would be a dream to have my own little gym to boost youth moral around here.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    That was so good and heartwarming! Thank you for sharing, I hadn't seen this before :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I bet she never dreamed she would be such a sensation. She figured being on that stage was her moment and was ready to walk off when she was done, lol. Lucky us, it's just the beginning.

I have two parts of my dream going. And MFP will put them together. The first was my business which had to take a back seat so I can focus on my health. But once my health is back in order, I'll be going back to my business full force.

And Susan Boyle is the woman you need to watch whenever you need a little motivation.
  • Roxy34
    Options
    Omg, she is SO awesome! It just blows my mind how that ONE woman from that tiny little village changed SO many lives within the first few seconds of belting out that song! She touched a lot of hearts and opened many eyes. Its wonderful! I just love her, lol. :flowerforyou:
  • Roxy34
    Options
    It really does make me think though. I work with youth at work, then I get home and work with my kids, after that I work with the local kids. I pay their gym fees, transport them to out of town gyms to compete with the best, train them in my own home at times. I create workout plans, diet plans, supplement plans for free. Most of the kids that work out with me are hard working street kids with lacking financial situations. The only thing I ask of them is to stay out of trouble, and I keep firm in that rule. It has been successful so far. I just don't have my own gym to call home. It is kind of frustrating cause there are more kids out there that could use the "big brother". I scrape every penny for these kids, it would be a dream to have my own little gym to boost youth moral around here.

Wow, sounds like you put a lot of time, hard work and effort into caring for those kids. Kudos!! They need someone like you, to care. If that is what you enjoy doing, then there is hope! Don't give up, do your research and see if there might be some help out there somewhere. If you talk to enough ppl, somebody is going to listen. :smile:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Wow, sounds like you put a lot of time, hard work and effort into caring for those kids. Kudos!! They need someone like you, to care. If that is what you enjoy doing, then there is hope! Don't give up, do your research and see if there might be some help out there somewhere. If you talk to enough ppl, somebody is going to listen. :smile:

That's so great! Kids need a place to go and it's wonderful that they have someone like you to give them a structure and goals to work toward, rather than just hanging out. Where are you located? Sometimes you have to toot your own horn to make your dreams come true!

My goal is to put together an organization and website that highlights lesser know sports and their organizations. I really think that a lot of kids aren't active because they haven't found their activity yet. I mean if baseball is your thing you can find a team, but who knows how to become a speed skater or who knew that there are actually several organized teams for Frisbee sports! It was only when my kids became flatwater paddlers that I found out that there was a club in the town I grew up in - I would have been there in a heartbeat as a kid!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It was more than her singing that is hitting everyone in the world. It was also her pure joy, pure love and pure confidence in herself inspite of never have known love. I mean, most in her situation would be bitter, or dischanted, but she sings with such pure love, pure whatever. It's amazing. I love that show. I've seen Paul Potts and now, Susan Boyle. The expression on Simon's face with both his hands on his face and smiling, sighing!! So captivating, and his eyebrows was raised as soon as she sang. The way Piers and Amanda expressed their surprise was great too. In these tough economic dire times, we need to believe dreams are possible. That the impossible is possible. So glad she's an instant sensation whose voice is here to stay. I heard she'll be on Oprah, and CBS soon. In no time, her clip will hit 100 million hits on Youtube. I've seen it quite a few times and can't get enough of the entire atmosphere. What courage. I remembering crying everytime I see Paul Potts clip and this time, it's different, it's inner cheering for her to succeed and prove everyone wrong. Love the part where she just starts marching off the stage without a care as to what the judges would say because she knew she triumphed. And she did.
  • mfpme
    Options
    You gotta youtube her cover of "Cry me a river". Done 10 yrs ago. I swear on a couple of notes, you can hear Streisand in there.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Whats YOUR dream?!

i'm reading a book right now (fiction) and the main idea is this list: Twenty Wishes. the characters are creating their lists (slowly) and they can be concrete (learn to belly dance) or whimsical (dance in the rain barefoot). it's got me thinking too.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Oh I'm so bummed, the show isn't letting her go on Oprah until the season is over.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I loved watching her sing. What I really hated was the audience reaction to her before she even opened her mouth...is this how we treat people?...she isn't ugly...the reaction was ugly...I was horrified...since when is it a crime to be 47 and not a stick figure or completely made up?
  • mfpme
    Options
    She was on Larry King Friday night and sang a capella the song from Titanic:
    My Heart Will Go On
    Not her best performance. She sang it really fast compared to the original from C.Dion.
    You really gotta check out the youtube clip of her singing Cry Me a River. She's really good there, even much better than I Dreamed A Dream.Too bad we'd have to wait awhile for her to be on Oprah! By then, her youtube would hit 100 million hits easily!!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Here is Susan Boyle on Larry King: http://www.susan-boyle.com/messages/view/5FDPQX17N59VZKF6

She was rushed because of time constraints but we're sure to hear more of her at the show and especially once this season ends.
  • mfpme
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

Here's her 1999 cover of Cry Me a River.

It was a charity CD and they only made 1,000 copies. I betcha people are gonna dig up those 1,000 copies and sell it on Ebay now! I think she should sing Cry Me A River on the semifinals or finals. She's so good singing that son.

p.s., sometimes I think S.Cowell had that sigh with the big smile watching S.Boyle sing because he's seeing $$$$!!! :laugh: Seriously, she doesn't have to win. She's a hot commodity the world over now. Piers was saying on L.King last night that he got calls from lots of countries asking about her.

Just amazing. What a story. Pauls Potts and this. Warms the heart. :heart: We need stories like this now more than ever!!