Bride to be looking to drop 20-30 lbs

Options
Hi! I've been on MFP for about a month now and am steadily losing each week, but I'd love some more friends so we can help motivate each other. I just turned 30 and am getting married in Sept. 2013, so I want to look, and more importantly, feel my best for the wedding. I'm also currently training for a half marathon and in the past have done smaller runs and a duathlon.

Replies

• Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As a former new bride (married in 2010) welcome to the site! Also some advice I wish I had before the wedding: don't change any major medications before the big day unless it's really needed. I did and gained maybe 15-20lbs:-(
  • ajackso5
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I've been doing this for a week so far & I'm looking to lose 20-30lbs as well. I'm getting married in late June so I've got 4 months to go! I need encouragement and motivation as well!
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I am on daily and will be happy to motivate and support!
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better! :)
  • malkb27
    Options
    I'm getting married in May of this year and am looking to lose at least 10 pounds before then!
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    Yesthistime - thank you! malkb27 - I just accepted your request. Thanks!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married. October of this year. I am also slowly working my way to a half marathon. I did my first one 2 years ago and hurt myself after, so I am just now able to get back into everything. I am looking to loose 7 more lbs before my dress fitting mid April! Please add :wink:
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hey there! I am also looking for some motivation. I've been on here for awhile now and need some more motivation especially from brides! I'm getting married June 23 of this year!