Hidden NSVs-- do you have any?

Options
I have really been working my tail off at the gym the last several weeks and with the countdown to our trip nearing its head (5 weeks- MFP's magic date) i'm starting to get flustered. So I am making a list of NSVs and benefits that perhaps others may realize too as I read all of these AMAZING posts on here looking for inspiration.

My scale is hardly moving. I keep fluctuating the same couple pounds. My friend has a paper of measurements we did at work and I am not ready to retake my measurements for fear of disappointment. However...

- My tummy is flatter and I can tell when I *squeeze* it I can see its skin as opposed to fat.

- Getting out of bed early to make time for the gym is a huge accomplishment in itself.

- Setting a routine to take care of ourselves- because we are worth it.

- There is less hanging over my pants. (Drives me craaaazy!)

- I sleep better at night and feel so accomplished after a workout.

Now my little man is calling for a story... so I must go. I am so impressed wtih all of the great stories, pictures, and people on this site! Days are tough, but hang in there!

Replies

• mousecat84
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

Seeing muscles in my arms making me think it's happening! The pain is leading to gain :)

Building up my stamina with running, making a big difference to my fitness too.

It's a great feeling..!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My NSV, No one can see unless I walk around holding my pants out but they are way loose and the scale and I have a love/ hate relationship so its things like this that keep me going. I had to buy a smaller bra as well which is just nuts for me to fathom.
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't get yourself down about the weight not coming off. I read on a blog recently about a woman who is 150 lbs and a size 4-6. She's in the best shape of her life and quite fit. A few years ago she was 150 lbs and a size 12, not fit, more fat than muscle. She's the same weight but way skinnier! If you don't lose the weight but look better, does it matter about those last 10 lbs? You're going to the gym regularly and eating healthy. I think if you keep at it you're already there :) Have a great trip and keep on it!!!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Having the guy I've been talking to tell me that I look different and asking if I've been working out. Sleeping better. Being able to jog across the parking lot to my car without being out of breath. Trying new foods and recipes and having them keep me satisfied when before they never would have. Being able to say NO to that chocolate bar or cake or whatever being shoved under my nose.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is GROSS but my NSV that I am the most proud of is: (drum roll please) LOL I can see daylight between my things when I am standing YEAHHHHHHH
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My pants, I am *thiiiiis* close to being an honest to God size 14 for the first time in 3 years.

My legs look *amazing* and I cannot wait for it to be warm enough to wear capris and skirts!

I LOVE the gym. This in itself should have me commited, but I love going and sweating it up with everyone else.

My shoe size has gone from a 10 to a 9. I cannot explain it, never had super fat feet, but my 10s fall off and my 9s are perfect.

My body over all feels stronger and more powerful.

My mood rocks!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I personally found that when I increased my calories, the scale started to move. I wasn't eating enough good carbs, so my body was in a constant fight for what little I was eating. For me, 5-6 small meals of about 300 calories each is what what got me going, and I feel much better too.

I'd be glad to share, just send me a message. Good luck!!
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Some are silly ones that I never thought about and I think of them when the scale is not moving. My shoes that were tight are now loose. I never realized my feet were fat! My wedding ring spins freely on my finger and my once very tight bracelet dangles loosely on my wrist. I am not tired all the time anymore. It is alot easier to get up and exercise even when I REALLY don't feel like it. I am motivated. Now that I watch my calories I am much more picky about what I choose to put into my body and I take more time to prepare my food and make it look pretty.
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    Running out the door of work as soon as the day is done so I can get an hour of exercise in before I get my daughter. That is HUGE for me. Also, seeing my arms get bigger and my moobs getting smaller. That is really nice.
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My best NSV is realizing that the scale is probably the worst indicator of what is truly going on with my body. So "SATAN's LITTLE HELPER" (the scale) has been put away for good and has no more control over me.

Instead, I take measurements and do a body pod analysis (which calculates my TRUE %s of fat and muscle) every three months or so. I have another analysis this Saturday. I can hardly wait because I know things have been a-changin!!

I went clothes shopping the other night. Before my healthy lifestyle journey, this experience was always hit and miss. The other night...mostly everything I tried on was a HIT. And if it was a miss...it was because the item was too big and they didn't have my size. YEAH!

I have definition in my arms and my legs are solid. My pooch??? What pooch! Tummy is flat!

Do yourself a favor....put the scale away until you go on vacation. Don't get discouraged...you are doing all the right things!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Having to get new underclothes because they were getting too baggy.
    Reaching for a water bottle instead of a soft drink.
    Actually measuring portions instead of just guessing.
    Keeping a photo diary of my progress over the past several months.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My belly button is getting smaller. Just the other day I found the keys to a car that I traded off two years ago. :noway:
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love hearing everyone's happy stories! :-D I wish I could respond to all of them- some made me say "Yay!" and others made me giggle because I am the same way!

I wish MFP could let me read these on my phone... I hardly ever am on an actual computer!! Keep it up, you all are inspiring :-D
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    And some made me crack up :-) I will definately refer back to this in my times of "hopelessness"
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today I crossed my legs and #1, it didn't hurt and #2, they stayed crossed. They used to uncross all by themselves......
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When I can feel my hipbones when I put my hands on my hips and when I sit in the tub, my tailbone hurts due to less cushion.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Okay mine is really weird and... well... just weird haha. I was taking my shower this morning and, when I went to wash just above my girly areas, I realized I don't have to lift up the bottom of my stomach fat to get to it lmao

Also, my husband's response when I mentioned I've been getting looks lately from people was, "Babe. That's because you're hot as ****."

OH OH OH! And I started doing a couch to 5K program Monday of this week. Did day 2 today and my average mile time was 11:08!
  • ashuster1
    ashuster1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay mine is really weird and... well... just weird haha. I was taking my shower this morning and, when I went to wash just above my girly areas, I realized I don't have to lift up the bottom of my stomach fat to get to it lmao

Also, my husband's response when I mentioned I've been getting looks lately from people was, "Babe. That's because you're hot as ****."

OH OH OH! And I started doing a couch to 5K program Monday of this week. Did day 2 today and my average mile time was 11:08!

hahahahaha I thought I was the only one who gets excited about this.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

hahahahaha I thought I was the only one who gets excited about this.

LOLOLOLOL I was actually feeling realllllly weird right after I posted the shower part. I figured I was the only one but, at the same time, I was like SCREW IT! It's my NSV and I'm proud... even if it is a little weird.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I've lost 6+ inches off my waist and my wedding ring falls off when I put my hands in water (have to take it off when doing 30DS or it flies across the room) :D When I first tried the elliptical I struggled to last 5 minutes on the easiest resistance level 1, now I can do 60mins at level 10! :D My BMI was 33.5 now it's 27, just 2points (11.1 lbs) away from not being overweight. For the 1st time in 8 or 9 years. Can't wait!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!