Major Calorie Deficit - What to do???

Options
I need help all... I have a fitbit and because of the fact that I have been away from my base station for the past 15 hours it hasn't synced all day. Meanwhile I had a very active day (at work) so now I have a massive calorie adjustment and I am suddenly over 1,000 under my calorie goal. It's 9 pm and I am about to get ready for bed. Should I eat something? If so.... what? My food choices today haven't been stellar so I don't need more junk...

My food diary is open... Suggestions?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat 1000 calories and go to bed!
    Lions, Tigers and bears do it!

Meal timing means nothing and the worst it will do is make you sleep better!
  • chloe42
    chloe42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When this happens I do one of two things, either go meh and not worry about it or I find something to treat myself a little. A candy bar or a serving of ice cream. It takes a decent chunk out of the deficit but I figure it will all average out in the end of the week.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Go for the pint of Ben & Jerrys............ easy 1000 cals ;-)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you're not hungry don't eat. Just try not to make a habit of it.

If you do eat something eating just before bed won't make you gain. Your body doesn't shut down when you sleep.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Taco Salad. Nom.
  • JHeimann12
    JHeimann12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position myself so I had almonds and some skim milk in hopes I won't wake up starving in the middle of the night.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Some nuts or PB or PB&J can up your calories pretty quickly. I make a sandwich with natural PB and nutella (2TBSP+ each) when I'm looking for some calorie density. Even on light wheat bread it's a solid 500 calories in a small sandwich.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    If you want to eat something now, then go for it. It doesn't matter what time it is. But if you're just not feeling up for it, then keep in mind how many calories you were under today, and try to make it up within the next couple of days.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a protein shake, that way you will be satisfied though out the night and it brings you closer to your calorie count.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a protein shake, that way you will be satisfied though out the night and it brings you closer to your calorie count.
    This is incorrect. Protein shakes are not satiating and will actually cause hunger. You want to stick to proteins, fats and veggies.

Oh and by they way the average scoop of protein is 100 calories and loaded with filler. On the other hand, while the average 4oz (112g) chicken breast is about the same calories, it's more filling and your body you burn more calories via thermogenisis.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Eat 1000 calories and go to bed!
    Lions, Tigers and bears do it!

Meal timing means nothing and the worst it will do is make you sleep better!

this.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Don't freak out.

It's not a problem.

This is just one day out of many many many.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    This is incorrect. Protein shakes are not satiating and will actually cause hunger. You want to stick to proteins, fats and veggies.

Oh and by they way the average scoop of protein is 100 calories and loaded with filler. On the other hand, while the average 4oz (112g) chicken breast is about the same calories, it's more filling and your body you burn more calories via thermogenisis.

Maybe they aren't filling for you, but they are amazing for me. Protein shakes are my favorite thing for a filling snack. If you want long lasting protein powder, try casein instead of whey. They work amazingly.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I love how you say no more junk than people give you a bunch of junk. I'd go steak, baked potato with the works (sour cream, chives, bacon, and cheese), a veggie and you'll still have rom for a desert if you want one.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    Many weeks I am way over my deficit. I have greater than 7000 calories deficit at the end of the week. I have a BMF so I know this. So what I'm trying this week is on my off workout day I usually limit myself to 1500 calories, this week, I ate more like 1800. Just to decrease the deficit a little. I'm trying to figure out if my deficit is to large which is why I'm not losing. We'll see on Monday. It's either my deficit is to large, which I'm giving another 2 weeks, or I'm dropping my calories back down (not to 1200, but maybe 1600-1800).