Getting very Frustrated need advice

Options
I weigh 181lbs and have been on 1200 calorie diet for a few months I regularly exercise (lately have been doing Jillian Micheal's fat burn metabolism boost and her killer buns and thighs dvds. So I usually burn at least 300 or 400 a day and some days I do both and burn around 700. I also am sure to add in some cross training and try to burn around 400-600 with different cardio like jump rope or walking and dancing to avoid hitting a plateau. I drink around 12cups of water a day if not more and have been watching my sodium like a hawk. I feel like I have been doing all I possibly can and working as hard as I can yet the past month and a half have been basically gaining and losing the same 3lbs over and over. Last week I was so frustrated I upped my cals to 1400 and didn't work out at all and ended losing 2 lbs so is it safe to assume I just need to take in more cals and burn less through exercise? I just don't understand because for a long while the 1200 was working like a charm. I just want some advice to see if higher cals and less working out is what will work because it feels more like I'm giving up :0 I was also getting really disciplined about my eating and working out so I don't want to unravel that unless its what's right. Please and thank you guys.

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    eat more, eat most of your exercise calories back, your body thinks you are starving it, especially with such a large deficit.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thing is I almost always do eat back in fact I usually eat more like 1500 - 1600 and burn it off to make my net 1200
  • meeshka902
    Options
    Don't give up-if it looks like more calories are working for you,do so as it does seem that if the body thinks you are starving it,it will hang onto the weight. I have been drastically under the calories recommended as the 1200 cal did nothing for me.have been eating alot of spaghetti squash with chopped veggies,black olives and salsa sauce and that keeps me full ,satisfied and low cals.Each body is different-keep with it-it will work in the end.
  • l0v3ly11
    Options
    Maybe try to get more calories through protein shakes or something? Something that's not likely to turn to fat but will still keep your body satisfied calorie wise?
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Okay so more calories then? What about working out should I keep up the high burn or lay off a little on that too?