How Often...

Options
... Should I be taking a break from working out? I've been doing really well every day this week....but TODAY...I'm beat.. lol. Even though I've been doing it everyday - for some reason I feel like if I don't work out today I'll be taking a step back...PLEASE shed some light on this situation...anyone....Thank you.:ohwell:

Replies

• JJAVON116
    JJAVON116 Posts: 41
    Options
    ... Should I be taking a break from working out? I've been doing really well every day this week....but TODAY...I'm beat.. lol. Even though I've been doing it everyday - for some reason I feel like if I don't work out today I'll be taking a step back...PLEASE shed some light on this situation...anyone....Thank you.:ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think it's personal.

I work out every day Monday - Friday. However, if I'm zapped, I cut myself some slack. One day won't make or break your weight loss goals. HOWEVER, make sure it's only ONE day. Don't let yourself fall in a trap of "it's only one day" many days a week, you know?
  • JJAVON116
    JJAVON116 Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes... That makes since... Thank You:)):smile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I was always taught to "give your muscles a break". So, if you do cardio one day you should do strength training the next and so on and so forth. With that being said, you should take 1-2 days off per week. It's all about your personal goals, really but there's nothing wrong with working out a max of 5 days a week. Your body needs time to rebuild the muscle! If at all possible, stick with a plan. I personally like to take off Wednesdays and Fridays. I weigh in on Fridays and like for it to be my "free day". A small reward to myself for all the hard work I did all week. :) It's much easier to fall out of the routine of exercising if you just wait until you don't feel like doing it anymore. Because for me, that would be most every day! :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I only take sundays off, this is my day to cook, get the house picked up etc. I walk or run everyday otherwise. I find on the days that I feel exhausted and I don't feel like going to get out and get a 30 minute walk in actually makes me feel better.

Listen to your own body though, if you need the break, take it. This will help prevent injury from bad form while tired :smooched:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that you take off at least one day a week. Sometimes I go for 8 straight days and then take a day off. I try to vary my day off some that it isn't on the same day of the week. If you are tired and feel you need a break take one. There is nothing worse than overtaxing your body and then be forced to take a month off.:flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I usually take one day off a week, the rest I alternate between biking and cycling. I need to start getting strength training back in my regimen, I've been lazy with that :)
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    wow you all make me feel like a slacker! I work out 4 days a week...My week starts on Thursday since that is my day to Weigh in...so I work out Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I try to have a day in between but unless I work out on thursday it is impossible. I have been doing this for 4 months.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    At least one day for muscle repairs; to either stretch or rest.

I found that stretching on my off days keeps me from feeling sluggish.