Friends who swim, bike, run?

I joined MFP at the end of December and am looking for some more supportive and motivating friends. I'm looking to lose about 10 more pounds (down 4 pounds) and become more toned in general.

Right now I'm training for a half marathon that's in a month and triathlons later this spring/summer. If there's anyone out there who loves to swim, bike or run, I'd love to encourage each other in those endeavors. If you train for races that's great, but casual interest in those three sports is great! I am always happy to encourage people to participate in triathlons since my weight loss from my highest weight really began a year ago when I started training with a triathlon club. I also have been doing 30 Day Shred, Insanity, and weight training on various days, but don't follow any of those religiously.

Anyway, I'd love to find more friends on here. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    bump
  • I mostly run. I'm currently training for 1/2 marathon in May, 1/2 in early September and a full marathon late September. I'm currently biking, swiming, and running. I would like to try a triathalon next year and am really interested in the warrior wars. Last year I ran my first marathon at 230lbs. This year I'd like to finish a lot lighter. I hope we can give each other some encouragement.
    Jean
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    I mostly run. I'm currently training for 1/2 marathon in May, 1/2 in early September and a full marathon late September. I'm currently biking, swiming, and running. I would like to try a triathalon next year and am really interested in the warrior wars. Last year I ran my first marathon at 230lbs. This year I'd like to finish a lot lighter. I hope we can give each other some encouragement.
    Jean

Great! Glad to hear you have so many races planned ahead. I find that's the best motivation to keep at it. The 1/2 marathon in March will be my first, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'd love to answe any tri questions you might have later because they are so much fun. With continued hard work, I know you'll not only finish lighter, but faster too!!! I'll go ahead and add you now! Not familiar with warrior wars.... Are they the intense obstacle course things??