Burger King. Help!

Options
This week has been super duper hard for me. Last week was my spring break, and with the exception of Monday and Tuesday (of last week) I gave myself time off of the gym and calorie counting. I did ok with the food because I've been doing it for enough time that my body knows when it is full and knows what kind of things it doesn't like anymore.

Anyways, like I said, the transition into this week from my time off/Easter/See's Candies (!!!!!) has been a hard one. I've paid attention to my calories and have actually almost doubled my gym time this week. But, I don't know.. last night I ate emotionally around dinner. I binged on everything, candy, spaghetti, meat, etc. Today, for lunch I had Burger King. It wasn't exactly a binging thing; I've been craving a hamburger from anywhere lately and I'm not one to deprive myself of something forever (thats not how I want to diet). I haven't had Burger King for about 6 months, and honestly, today was enough. I'm not looking to go back anytime soon. (Although I must say, the Angry Burger is yum!)

So I guess what I'm kind of looking for are just some nice kind helpful words to get me to 100% focus again. :blushing:

Help?

Replies

• plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This week has been super duper hard for me. Last week was my spring break, and with the exception of Monday and Tuesday (of last week) I gave myself time off of the gym and calorie counting. I did ok with the food because I've been doing it for enough time that my body knows when it is full and knows what kind of things it doesn't like anymore.

Anyways, like I said, the transition into this week from my time off/Easter/See's Candies (!!!!!) has been a hard one. I've paid attention to my calories and have actually almost doubled my gym time this week. But, I don't know.. last night I ate emotionally around dinner. I binged on everything, candy, spaghetti, meat, etc. Today, for lunch I had Burger King. It wasn't exactly a binging thing; I've been craving a hamburger from anywhere lately and I'm not one to deprive myself of something forever (thats not how I want to diet). I haven't had Burger King for about 6 months, and honestly, today was enough. I'm not looking to go back anytime soon. (Although I must say, the Angry Burger is yum!)

So I guess what I'm kind of looking for are just some nice kind helpful words to get me to 100% focus again. :blushing:

Help?
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You're only human and we all fall off the wagon. So just pick yourself up, dust off and charge ahead. :happy:
  • sunshinejessii
    Options
    i know this is radical but why don't you fast........ crazy i know but your body can last for 40 days without food. it's amazing the first 3 days are the hardest because of the cravings but after that you don't fill hungry at all. your body will start buring off the non-essential tissue (FAT) but if you even eat a crumb your body will convert back to burning off the food in your somach. i'm on my first fast and i haven't eaten for 3 days.... no cravings whatsoever and i'm like a fly on a stick bun when it comes to food why not try it?.....oh and drink PLENTY of chilled water(speeds up the metobolisim) :drinker: xoxo
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    You're only human and we all fall off the wagon. So just pick yourself up, dust off and charge ahead. :happy:

agreed....just get back on the wagon NOW! Don't wait.......take control of the rest of the day
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Don't worry, girl! We all have those moments! I had mine on Monday with McDonald's. Every now and then I think my body needs to absorb some bad stuff so that I don't completely fall off the wagon! :laugh: The important thing is to remember MODERATION. You can't have Burger King two and three times a week and expect to look your diva best! Glad you enjoyed your burger! Why not make Friday or Saturday your "keep it under 1100 calories in the entire meal" cheat day???:tongue:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Ya, don't beat yourself up. We can't deprive ourselves from 'indulging' every once in awhile. How much would that suck to NEVER being able to pick up a hamburger (or whatever) again?! I mean, unless you are allergic to them, that would be different, lol. Its normal to feel down about it, but don't let it put you out! I went without McDonalds for a long time and then decided I HAD to have a Big Mac one day, well.......my body said otherwise! Ugh, I felt sooo sick afterwords, lol.

Its okay to treat yourself once in awhile, as long as it doesn't turn into "all" the time. (I think so anyway :smile: )
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    i know this is radical but why don't you fast........ crazy i know but your body can last for 40 days without food. it's amazing the first 3 days are the hardest because of the cravings but after that you don't fill hungry at all. your body will start buring off the non-essential tissue (FAT) but if you even eat a crumb your body will convert back to burning off the food in your somach. i'm on my first fast and i haven't eaten for 3 days.... no cravings whatsoever and i'm like a fly on a stick bun when it comes to food why not try it?.....oh and drink PLENTY of chilled water(speeds up the metobolisim) :drinker: xoxo

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Biiiig problem with this is that your body doesn't start burning fat right away...... it burns muscle. On top of that, when you do start eating, your metabolism will be far slower as your body has gone into starvation mode. Depending on how long you do this fast for, you are depriving yourself of nutrients your body needs to run properly. You might survive for 40 days, but your body will begin shutting down. If you're interested in losing weight, this might not be the safest or most effective way to go.

As for Burger King... well, you can't change the past, but remember the feeling of how you felt after you ate it, and try to remember it the next time you're craving. Are all those extra calories worth it? Get back up on the horse and keep going!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend against fasting without a doctor's supervision. Fat provides energy and only energy. But if your body can't get the other vitamins, minerals and nutrients it needs it will start breaking down bone and your internal organs to get them. Doing it without a doctor's supervision can cause a number of medical issues, and in extreme cases, death.

Also, I feel ya girl, burger king veggie burgers are my favorite "don't have time to get real lunch" food. Soooooooo good! Don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on that horse and keep on riding.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

I totally agree with that one. Personally I think fasting is a very bad idea UNLESS you do it for spirital reasons (I have done it before for that reason only). Your body will go into starvation mode and you will end up doing more harm than good on your quest. Work out a little bit more, cut back on the junk for a few days, have a BK once in awhile. Depriving yourself is what makes this a diet and not a lifestyle.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Wendy's cheeseburgers so I do indulge in a jr cheeseburger and kids fries from time to time and still manage to stay within my goals. I usually "cheat" during lunch, this way, I still have time to get a work out in and have a small/low cal/low fat dinner.

This is the only way I have been able to stick to the program..:ohwell:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Fasting has numerous benefits, look into for yourself and make your own decision. If you do opt to fast (which I do occasionally when I feel I need to need to detox and have very purifying results) I would start with a raw fruits and veggies fast.

If after researching fasting does sound too radical for you, then just say the past is the past and work out today, don't eat until your hungry, and get back on track. Don't think you've blown the day because you had burger king. You can start over right now, don't say "tomorrow is another day" because you'll only end putting yourself more in the hole.

You can do it- whatever YOU decide to do.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Go for a long walk. Take a hot shower (or bubble bath:smile: ). Sit and do some meditative breathing. Do several things that bring you back to your center... back to how much you value yourself and this process that you are on. It's amazing how enforcing positive treatment to the body helps counteract negative tendencies... like bingeing and fast-food.

Tell yourself: "I am worth a nap today"
    Tell yourself: "I am worth sunshine (or if it's raining, "nature's shower)."
    Tell yourself: "I am worth candles and soft music."

Replacing the temporary pacification that binge-eating gives with genuine tender loving care helps in those difficult moments. Because you're worth so much more than junk/excess food can offer and at that point you'll know it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Sometimes that extra junk can help to spur you on. Next time try throwing then bun away (or at least 1/2 of it). Throw that little binge it into the sea of forgetfullness and move forward. You have done an amazing job so far. :flowerforyou:
  • naugustyniak
    Options

Also, I feel ya girl, burger king veggie burgers are my favorite "don't have time to get real lunch" food. Soooooooo good! Don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on that horse and keep on riding.

The BK here doesn't serve veggie burgers anymore....I loved those....:grumble:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If yall are gonna eat BK, why not go for the chicken tenders.......or go for the new lil buger shots (110 cals each). Why go for the BIG BURGERS when you feel you have to have it. I personally have done the same, just never go over the kids meal (590 cls). I don't know...................
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    If yall are gonna eat BK, why not go for the chicken tenders.......or go for the new lil buger shots (110 cals each). Why go for the BIG BURGERS when you feel you have to have it. I personally have done the same, just never go over the kids meal (590 cls). I don't know...................

I am vegetarian but those really sound good.
  • Snags
    Snags Posts: 43
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that once in a while my wife and I usually treat ourselves on the weekend maybe goto dinner that puts us over the big thing is getting back to it. We even have pizza on friday night get the Wal Mart 12" deli cheese pizza and put mild banana peppers on it and split it thats around 800 calories. Keep at it

Options
    We dont fail because we fall, we fail because we wont get up again.

Don't let this get you down, girl!! You can't undo the past, so just charge ahead.
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I ate a big burger because 1) all i eat is chicken anymore 2) it is what i was craving at the time and 3) because it had all the spicy-ness that i wanted.

I don't eat fast food anymore, and like I think I said in the beginning, or if I didn't I meant to, I havent had fast food since November.

I'm not looking to defend, or have anyone defend my eating Burger King, I'm just looking for support to get back on the wagon from the past week.