New to this and a little scared

Options
Been over weight since I was 12 and I'm turing 18 in 24 days and I have no pretty dress to wear for my party because I'm to big. Surrounded by skinny people who just judge me on my weight at school, I could use some support, it is so hard to stay on track and remain motivated because there is just so much that seems to get in the way but I'm glad to have taken a first step to a healthier life or trying to take that step. Its daunting putting this out there and I'm hoping that I can find a buddy to support me and who knows how I feel. Thanks:smile:

Replies

• jmulldome
    Options
    While I can never assume how another person feels, I will always be supportive and never judgmental.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    it all comes down to this..

those people in school have NO effect on you unless you allow them..years down the road you wont even remember them, nor they you..
  • Laceypalooza
    Options
    I've always been bigger than the other kids since I can remember. I always put myself down because I never looked like them. I've been out of school for a year now and a half now, and I'm realizing that I shouldn't compare myself to others, because I will NEVER be them. I'll only be ME. But a healthier, happier version. I keep telling myself- "Don't do this for them, do it for you!" Because we deserve it!
    And be proud that you took that first step! ^_^