Too much water??

Options
A friend was noticing how much water I drink [8 16 oz. bottles a day] and told me that i should only have half of that, because I could be flooding my intestines or something.
Haha, that sounded kinda weird to me so i thought i would ask you guys since your all so smart. :wink:

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    A friend was noticing how much water I drink [8 16 oz. bottles a day] and told me that i should only have half of that, because I could be flooding my intestines or something.
    Haha, that sounded kinda weird to me so i thought i would ask you guys since your all so smart. :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

ignore the fool
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    oh good!!
    i love water lol.
    :drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It is true that you can have too much water, but if you are drinking because you are thirsty then drink. You will know if you have had too much water, basically your body starts shutting down. I would not be too worried about it. I drink 120+ ounces of water a day.......

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    It is true that you can have too much water, but if you are drinking because you are thirsty then drink. You will know if you have had too much water, basically your body starts shutting down. I would not be too worried about it. I drink 120+ ounces of water a day.......

okay, thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Some recommend as much as an ounce of water per pound of body weight.

So yeah, hit that ignore button. :tongue:
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Some recommend as much as an ounce of water per pound of body weight.

So yeah, hit that ignore button. :tongue:
    Woah!
    Haha, alright. :happy:
    I'm glad I asked i would have been so sad without my water haha.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it is possible to overdo it. My husband was drinking eight 44oz glasses, and his joints all swelled up and he was in so much pain. he went to Dr. and they said- maximum 1 oz per lb of body weight plus extra during exercise if you are breaking a sweat.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    it is possible to overdo it. My husband was drinking eight 44oz glasses, and his joints all swelled up and he was in so much pain. he went to Dr. and they said- maximum 1 oz per lb of body weight plus extra during exercise if you are breaking a sweat.
    Alright, that makes sense.
    I guess you can have too much of a good thing. :brokenheart:
    Haha. :happy:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    that is a good question, I have wondered that myself. I don't really keep track but water is about the only thing I drink.

Thanks for the info
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    that is a good question, I have wondered that myself. I don't really keep track but water is about the only thing I drink.

Thanks for the info
    yup same here, only water. :drinker: