Sometimes you can't help but smile - NSV

Options
Like a lot of people on MFP, I've always struggled with my weight. I've lost weight, gained (and then some) and so the cycle continues. I turned 40 last May but even this didn't change my thinking. Last summer I sorted my head out (to me THE most important thing) and completely changed my lifestyle. I went from pizza, crisps, chocolate, sweets and no exercising to healthy eating and exercising every day. It was literally an overnight change.

Now, I've lost 60+ pounds and today I was clothes shopping and for the first time in my life I bought a size 12 (UK) top. I felt like a complete nutter smiling away to myself in the changing rooms.

21022012441.jpg

I've now joined a gym and am on week 7 of the C25k progam and loving it.

And the old saying goes 'Life Begins at 40' - I believe that

Thanks for reading

Replies

• cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's just great! Keep smiling and doing your thing!
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are a complete nutter ;-).

Amazing achievement in changing your lifestyle. You deserve to smile & be happy Rachel. If anyone I know deserves to be you do. xx
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in November and ive lost a stone since then so you life does begin at 40, well done in everything you have achieved you look great
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Job Rach. So proud of you and so very happy for you. Before long, the shirts and the jeans will get smaller and smaller. What a wonderful NSV. Thanks for helping keep me motivated.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So wonderful!!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely smile worthy!!!!!! You look great, and it is clear that you feel great too!!! Oh, and the top is really cute :)
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You should feel so proud of yourself!

You deserve every bit of this feeling! Congrats girl!! :)
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! congratulations!!!!
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree, life begins at 40! Enjoy your success. You look fantastic.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you have done! Keep on killing it, killer!!!:grumble:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great job and such an uplifting tale -- thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I agree that before trying to lose weight you need to sort your head out, it's important.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • bairnbr00n
    Options
    I'm so impressed and inspired by reading your story. I had a gastric band fitted 2 1/2 years ago. I lost 5 stone then realised I could still eat ice cream and chocolate because it could slide down nicely, and put on 2 stone of it again.

I joined MFP and have managed to lose weight, and only now have 7 lbs to lose to get back to having the 5 stone off again. Sometimes I forget why I'm doing this, as I have a long way to go, but when I read your story about the complete turnaround, and the Size 12 top, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck for the future. B 0:)
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Love that smile! Thank you for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You look great.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    fantastic, well done , you look great ;0)
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    super Job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!