Giving up for Lent?

12346»

Replies

• sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    I'm not Catholic but me and my sister were talking about this today and about what we'd like to try to give up for 40 days, of course our number 1 is soda, guilty- still have one- three a week and i want to cut it out completely, especially during the weekends, and I'd like to give up fighting and fast food meals... so by that i mean I might get a salad from wendy's but no more #7 meals... I'm hoping this will help in my lifestyle change efforts and better myself in the end. And I'm going to start kickstarting my mornings with Jillian Michaels and the 30 day shred, awww!!! :)
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    crack.

~maybe~ prostitutes too. oh, and heroin.

wait no, not heroin. is sunday still a lent-free day?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    crack.

~maybe~ prostitutes too. oh, and heroin.

wait no, not heroin. is sunday still a lent-free day?
    Awesome. You're able to make fun of drugs that cause serious addictions and Lent in one post.
  • I'll be giving up chocolate and continuing to not drink pop! And makin sure that I keep recording my food everyday on MFP and exercise 5 days a week!
  • Luke_Quist
    Luke_Quist Posts: 43 Member
    Leaning towards giving up all sugars, but have not made up my mind yet.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Giving up my time. Instead of watching tv when I have free time I am going to pray the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily.

I like this one! I'm have a calander of bible readings to do daily, and the rosary is a good idea too!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    I am giving up sweet and low, may sound easy but I go through about 6 packs a day! I put it on everything and i know it is not good for me! Good luck everyone!
  • Im giving up fast food to jump start my nutrition cycle back up... plus everyone loves it and know how good it tastes.
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Hi, I have been logging dutifully on myfitness for 17 days now and I am giving up meat one day a week (Mondays) for Lent.