Let's play remember when....

Options

Replies

• dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Like someone else said; I remember when I could eat an entire garbage pizza and drink a six pack of beer and not gain any weight. Now I walk by a pizza hut and gain two pounds.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was in my 20’s and weighed around 120 lb, I was always a size 10. Now, in my 50’s, I’m just starting to get into some size 10’s again for the 1st time in a long time, but I weigh 154!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Remember when there were no cell phones, but we all had pagers, and a pocket full of quarters.
    Pager.jpg
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I remember when people used to laugh at you if you said you had an Apple computer.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I remember when people used to laugh at you if you said you had an Apple computer.

Yes! Before the IPOD, That's when everyone at the gym had one of these in their Fannie pack...

lite165_6580.jpg
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options

Yes! Before the IPOD, That's when everyone at the gym had one of these in their Fannie pack...

lite165_6580.jpg

^ I had this one hahahaha
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I remember watching Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I remember when I had a full head of fair hair.

(it's not an issue for me though)

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oh, here's one...

I remember when OJ Simpson was fleeing from the police in the White Ford Bronco & I watched it on live TV.
  • JanuaryJan
    Options
    I remember when I used to resist taking naps - Now I would like to reclaim all those naps I fought against as a little kid!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Oh, here's one...

I remember when OJ Simpson was fleeing from the police in the White Ford Bronco & I watched it on live TV.

....And the glove that "wouldn't fit"
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I remember when I would walk up one flight of stairs to my office and be winded and sweating for 10 minutes and have to get my officemate to take my calls because I would be too embarrassed to answer it.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I remember when I couldn't last 20 minutes on a racquetball court or even just five minutes on an elliptical machine.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I remember our first TV - black and white
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    From the distant past:

I remember not consciously trying to decide if the chair I was about to sit in was going to hold my weight (hopefully, will be there again soon).

I remember how good I felt when I could run three miles and not feel completely spent afterward (again, hopefully will be back there before too much longer).

I remember when a size 10 or 12 skirt would slide past my hips without being unfastened first.

From the recent past (nine months ago):

I remember getting winded just walking up one flight of stairs.

I remember having chest pain while walking at a 2.0mph pace.

I remember not being able to sleep on my back because I felt like my boobs were choking me.

I remember my feet hurting every morning because of all the pressure I had put on them the day before by walking around at almost 300lbs, not to mention the pressure from water retention.

I remember wanting to burst into tears everytime I walked by a mirror.

Hopefully, the distant memories will soon become the reality again, and the recent memories will soon be ancient history and forever remain JUST a memory.
  • JanuaryJan
    Options
    I remember when I used to think that 150 lbs was fat. That is now my goal.

14611817.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    When you had to put a little cassette tape in the answering machine.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I remember when cars had hand crank windows and no seat belts...
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I remember sitting by the radio waiting for my favorite song to come on so I could tape it :bigsmile: