What do y'all eat for breakfast?

Options
Okay, so I know breakfast is generally supposed to be the biggest meal of the day, right?
Well, the thing is I never find any goood breakfast food to eat in the morning..
and like, the most common breakfast foods are pancakes with syrup or bacon and basically unhealthy things even though, WOW that sounds good haha. :love:

So anyway, i'm just wondering what you all eat for breakfast??

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    Okay, so I know breakfast is generally supposed to be the biggest meal of the day, right?
    Well, the thing is I never find any goood breakfast food to eat in the morning..
    and like, the most common breakfast foods are pancakes with syrup or bacon and basically unhealthy things even though, WOW that sounds good haha. :love:

• usmdancer88
    Options
    I love fruit and yogurt parfaits with granola, they are delicous! I also enjoy omlettes with spinach, tomatoe, mushrooms and shrimp on the inside. Fruit is always good on the side too!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I eat a haealthy cereal and 1/2 cup 1% milk. I sometimes eat egg beaters with veggies mixed in and turkey bacon or turkey sausage. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day. I usualy eat 300 calories for breakfast and 450 for lunch. Cindy :heart:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Well since I started eating my new meal plan- I have about 1 cup Plain Oatmeal with a packet of splenda and some scrambled eggs Doesn't sound or look like a lot but its very filling because its a complex carb and protein- Plus considering I eat every 2-2.5 hours I am never hungry
  • blondegrrl1110
    Options
    Omlettes are pretty good. You can find great lowfat recipes online. If you like cereal try Kellog's Special K fruit and yogurt or the kind with the chocolate squares :smile: . Its great with lowfat yogurt instead of milk. Also, I have a weakness for biscuits and gravy but i don't know how healthy that is! Oh and of course fruits--strawberrys and blueberrys are my favorite morning snacks.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 tbsp of good PB mixed in, with 1/4 cup egg beaters, and some sort of fruit or sometimes a yogurt. My breakfast is a pretty big meal.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    multigrain waffles w/ sugar free syrup

92 calorie pancakes - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/948-100-calorie-cinnamon-pancakes

turkey bacon

egg beaters (omelet with Laughing Cow cheese or scrambled)

wheat italian bread, toasted w/ I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray

Maple and Brown sugar oatmeal with some chocolate chips in it (yummy b/c the chips melt)

Not all at once but.. you get the idea :tongue:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    um, bacon and eggs are not bad for you in moderation, (bacon is 50 cals for 2 strips an egg is 80 cals)

Despite what some may say, regular bacon has less sodium then turkey bacon and is the same calories. Also, egg yolks are ok for you in moderation.

I will have 2 strips of bacon, 1 egg and a piece of whole wheat toast with tbsp of homemade berry jam, sometimes I have oranges and strawberries with it. I sometimes do 2 turkey breakfast sausages or 3 links and a hard boiled egg with a piece of toast. Or I do an omellete with 2 eggs, 2 patties, spinach, mushroom, garlic, tomatoes and 1/2 oz cheese with toast.

And other days I just like a bowl a special K and 1/2 a grapefruit.

:flowerforyou:
  • goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I call this my English Muffin breakfast. I take 3 egg whites and cook them like you would an omelette. Use cooking spray in your pan so they won't stick and fold in half and flip over and over until just a little crispy. Then cut in 1/2 so you have two triangles of cooked egg whites. While they are cooking pop some Thomas' 100 calorie Whole Grain Lite english muffin in the toaster. When done, take 1 slice of 2" cheese and cut (tear) in half and place a half on each side of the english muffin. Then add your egg triangle to the top. You have two egg and cheese english muffin open face sandwiches and they are fabulous for low calories. I always add some blackberries or strawberries on the side.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

lean meat and veggies or spinach and lentils
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I love 1 egg, scrambled with a slice of finely chopped up lean ham & 1/8 cup shredded cheese.
    yum
  • mdpgap
    mdpgap Posts: 8
    Options
    I make a smoothie consisting of Slim Fast vanilla high protein powder, 1 cup or so of frozen unsweetened strawberries, a banana & 1 cup fat free milk. Keeps me full til lunch. Sometimes I mix it up a little with blueberries, raspberries or pineapple.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Fibre One with 100 grams of source yogurt... or sometimes a scrambled egg on raisin bread if I want something warmer :smile:
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat a bigger breakfast, but it has always been extremely difficult for me. The thought of eating anything that early makes me feel ill, but lately I have managed to eat one piece of whole wheat bread with a bit of peanut butter and honey on it before I go to work.
    It isn't until I have been awake for about three hours that I start to feel a bit hungry, usually around 9 or 10am.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    eggs and cheese
    oats with honey and cinnamon and strawberries
    grits with butter and grapefruit or strawberries
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    THERE Are some really good ideas on here!!

this is what i will usually have

yogourt and banana
    english muffin with pb/bagel with pb(they are both dempsters bodywise brand)
    fibre 1 cereal, special k cereal
    eggs and ww toast(either scrambels of hard boiled)

i do whatever is quick and easy as i hate just cooking for 1, as the 2 little kids usually eat cereal or just toast or yogourt
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats w/ blueberries
    Grape nuts or granola w/yogurt
    A Clif kid bar and glass of OJ if I'm in a hurry
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ a little bit of honey & some sliced almonds

Egg beaters w/ fat free feta & spinach & 1 piece of whole wheat toast.

2 Nutrigrain Eggo waffles with 2 tablespoons of reduced fat peanut butter and some banana or apple sliced on top or some melon of some kind on the side.

Rice Chex cereal with 1% milk & 1 medium banana or some sliced peaches or berries.

Mini bagel or whole wheat english muffin with 1 turkey sausage patty, 1 slice fat free american cheese & 1 eggs worth of egg beaters.

My current fav is the waffles with pb. Keeps me satisfied through my AM workout.
    Breakfast for me is about 400-500 calories and the biggest meal of the day for me. I always have a cup of coffee with a little flavored creamer and no sugar in addition to any of the above.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    i don't really call my meals names anymore, they are just called with numbers in my food diary... my first meal in a day is usually fruit, i just can't eat something big right after i wake up.. you could call this breakfast or it can be like pre-breakfast because i eat again about 1-2 hours later and i eat a bigger meal then - and this meal can be just about anything depending what i feel like.

considering that most people here (i believe so) eat about 5-6 times a day like i do, and we have to spread a certain amount of calories thoughout the day, a single meal usually doesn't consist of too many calories to be called a lunch in the traditional sense of the word and in many cases it will consist of about the same number of calories as a snack, so all in all, i think you shouldn't strive for a standard breakfast or a standard lunch or dinner but just try to eat whatever suits your needs whenever it suits your needs - that means if you tend to get hungry in the evenings or you even go to bed hungry, then obviously it's better if you eat less in the mornings to have more calores left for the evenings... while if you don't feel you have enough energy to keep you through the day, then of course, eat more in the morning
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Quaker oatmel, unsweetened applesauce, banana or veggie omelet, toast w/butter spray

lunch is the biggest meal of my day

I avoid sugar, honey, artificial sweetener and processed foods