working out like crazy, keeping and staying below my food go

Options
Hui guys

I am a bit angry at the way this is working.
I am doing everything I can to loose weight, but strange enough it doesn't work.

I have been diagnosed with Diabetes II exactly 2 weeks ago. In the last 11 weeks I had a cancer scare (growth on the manly parts which proofed to be a cyst), 3 !!!! hernia(s or e?) and now the Diabetes.

I was once in a good shape (about 20 years ago). I weight the exactly same as 20 years ago but I doubt the building material changed :-)

So I decided, like with so many other things, that it is time to change. (the other things were smoking, gaming etc) I did change.

I wen from 0 Sports and no movement to first 28 minutes a day to now more then 1 hour of heavy sports.

We have an excellent Kettler Cross Country Trainer, Treadmill a Kettler rower and Bodygard Stepper plus a 25 pound Cowbell set.

I changed my workout from 45minutes heavy Cross Country and some cowbell to 30 minutes (about 2.5km) on the treadmill about 3 miles /h and 30 mins on the cross country hardcore 30 minutes at extreme settings.

My daily calorie need is about 2600 (without sports)
My daily allowance is about 1700 (again without sports)

I use up about 1100 calories a day with my sports W/o replacing the loss.

I feel and see my body changing, but all I lost so far are about 2 pounds......

With all the sports I do, I feel like that's not really close to enough. I dont want to eat more, I feel ok with the amount I eat and I am really not hungry or feel like I need more. I also have to be careful because of my Diabetes which is not yet under control.
Not by a long shot! I am waking up to fasting BG of 200-210 everyday. Only after sports, I get that down to below 150.

I know, I am maybe just not patient enough, but isn't this strange...I have 2600 sediment- I eat about 1700 and use 1100. In my book that reads 600 calories left. Ok lets say I have an higher intake, lets add another 400 for miss-calculating sports and measures. That would men I am on 1000 kalories....still, 2 pounds in 10 days......

What is wrong?

It is very very dis- un- motivating.

Help please, I need some backup.....

Thanks

Karsten

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eat more. 1000 calories is not enough for the amount of exercise you are doing. Switch to higher calorie versions of foods you eat if you can't add more food.

The scale isn't always the best way to judge progress. Take measurements and try to concentrate on those instead.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    1. Two pounds in ten days is perfectly reasonable. How fast were you expecting to lose?
    2. Why the heck are you abusing your body by starving yourself when you have diabetes????? Go and make an appointment with a nutritionist NOW.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Have you discussed your diet with your physician? Being diabetic, I would suggest doing so as it could be related to your carb intake.

As a diabetic you have additional concerns beyond energy balance (cals in/out).
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Please keep in mind that it take about a month before you will begin to see changes in your body from the exercise, and that muscle is much more dense than fat - so you may physically become smaller, and not see that reflected on the scale.

Further, eating at that much of a deficit point is doing yourself a disservice and putting your body into starvation mode, wherein it will hoard calories because it considers itself malnourished. Get with a dietitian/ nutritionist and go over your entire intake and output - your current path is not a healthy one.
  • sabbzp
    Options
    I've just joined; I have had diabetes (Type 1) for 18 years. Been active most of my life.. ok I am only 24... but recently I have lacked all motivation so have joined a gym.

Am taking each day as it comes; I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and so far I have found that it helps with the blood sugar control. So keep it up... newly diagnosed will take some time for it to settle and adjust.

:) We are here to help
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I would strongly encourage talking with your doctor -- I seriously doubt 600 net calories is a good way to control your diabetes.
  • Karstli
    Options
    Hi

Well, I have been at a dietitian. She set me up with a plan. stating my calorie goal and carb goal including fat and protein measures.

It is actually very very close in what my plan here states. About 1600 calories a day carefull on and about 55g carbs per meal.
    I do keep that. I also told her that I am training pretty hard and if I shouldnt raise the intake. She said based on my all over the place high bg she said no. So thats what I do.

Maybe I shoud see my physician. I am sorry but the dietitian thing felt massively like cookie cutter solution.

I do feel energized and I see changes in my body. I really dont feel like I am starving myself. And still, my bg are high. I wake up every day to 190-220 fasting. I get them down with sports to 130 sometimes.

I really dont like to be not in control.

I will go and speak to my doc. maybe get the services of a dietitian I pay for vs the one the insurance cookie cutter is providing.

I think most of my problem comes from not being in control about what happens to me. I try hard to get the diabetes under control and sport and diet seemed to be the way to go. As I dont really see any reaction to the drugs. As said, the only time a day I have "human" bg is after sports.