Exercises for the Disabled??

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good exercises I can do to lose weight without bulking up, without using my legs. This is because I've got something called patellofemoral dysplasia, which means my kneecaps dislocate really easily - incredibly painful, and not helpful at the gym! My physiotherapist has told me I can't use the rowing machines, bikes, and especially the cross-trainers - and I can't walk very far without my kneecaps clicking out of place. I also can't swim without dislocations - so that's out too.

I know it'd be a good thing for my condition to lose some weight (God knows it'd be nice for my self-esteem too - falling over at random without any warning is embarrassing enough) but I'm really struggling to exercise properly without any cardio. I'm close to trying a 'fad diet' like the Atkins to try to get some significant weight loss without exercise, but to be honest, I can't really afford it and I'm not sure I'd stick to it long term anyway.

Can anyone suggest anything I can put together as a program to follow at the gym?