miracle noodles

Options
hi has anyone tried miracle noodles they are 10 cals for 100g ,just seen them on the net wondered if they taste ok

Replies

• HMARIE716
    Options
    I tried these after seeing them on Hungry Girl.... YUCK! lol. And first of all when you open them out of the package they seriously smell like ROTTEN FISH....not even joking. Was even enough to make my boyfriend almost puke and he eats ANYTHING! :).... sadly, they are too good to be true. :(
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In order for them to be edible, you MUST rinse them thoroughly and pat them dry. Then you can use them however you would use normal noodles. They have a weird texture but past that they aren't bad. I've made yummy cheese pasta with it before.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There is miracle rice as well - I think I am going to have to try a pack of each and see what I think... x
  • hazelevans1
    hazelevans1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks alot i think i will try them :happy:
  • scythe20
    Options
    I strongly urge you to try the angelhair pasta ones, they're the most like actual pasta. Also, after rinsing them thoroughly, drying them out a bit in a hot pan is good :D helps them to get a more normal texture and it will also enable the noodles to soak up some flavour. On a similar note, marinading them overnight in something with flavour really helps. They literally have no flavour (despite the sometimes fishy smell of the liquid they come packed in), so allowing them to soak in some teriyaki or whatever sort of sauce you might use to give them a bit of punch really helps.
  • andketch
    andketch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You MUST rinse them thoroughly. The smell is just from what they are packaged in, not the actual noodles. They are a decent substitute for pasta, despite having no real flavor on their own. Use flavorful sauces and you won't miss the pasta.
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    where did you find them? I can't seem to locate them anywhere :(
  • MN_GIRL
    MN_GIRL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried these, but have you tried the brown rice pasta from Trader Joe's? It's delicious! Best of luck to you.
  • andketch
    andketch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found mine in the refridge section of Whole Foods, near all the tofu stuff.
  • scythe20
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon.com! LOL
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just bought some on Amazon.co.uk :D yay
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I tried them, and the smell didn't bother me at all. The taste was just fine. The texture... a bit rubbery, like calamari. :indifferent:

It wasn't inedible by any stretch, and at one tenth the calories of regular pasta, if I was really watching my calories it would be a good substitute. But I'm perfectly fine with regular pasta.
  • margaretanna
    Options
    I ordered a sample pack off their website and got a little of everything. It was fast service too, I ordered on a Saturday got them on a wed so I was happy about that. We have been trying them and they are great. Yes they smell bad when you open them, but follow the directions and they don't smell bad. I like that we can just use them sometimes for a healthier top raman or even just to mix with real pasta and rice.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat them like Asians do -- stir fry them with your vegetables/meat/whatever. The fishy smell goes away with cooking.

I have bought them from a Japanese foods store. Apparently it's the most popular item among Anglo shoppers.
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What's the exact name of them, I forget.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    I like Shirataki noodles. I use them as stirfry noodles with bell peppers, mushrooms, strips of grilled tofu, shrimp and garnished with fresh sprouts.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    RINSE, RINSE, RINSE. (as already pointed out)

Once I got past the smell, I couldn't get past the cartilage-like texture. It's worth a shot though.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I bought some but ended up throwing them away, too gross looking and smelling to eat.
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    Instead of Miracle Noodles I buy the Tofu Shirataki noodles. They are a few more calories but pretty decent after you rinse them properly.