Biggest Loser Contest Ideas???

Options
I am co-leader of my local TOPS group and we want to do a BL contest BUT we are not really sure what the 'rules' should be. I have seen several congratulation posts about people winning BL contests at local gyms ect. Would anyone be willing to share the rules or length of contest or even prizes awarded so I can start planning our next TOPS contest! Or if there are any other members of TOPS out there that have contests they ran in their chapter that would be great we need some motivation and some ideas--

Replies

• Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am co-leader of my local TOPS group and we want to do a BL contest BUT we are not really sure what the 'rules' should be. I have seen several congratulation posts about people winning BL contests at local gyms ect. Would anyone be willing to share the rules or length of contest or even prizes awarded so I can start planning our next TOPS contest! Or if there are any other members of TOPS out there that have contests they ran in their chapter that would be great we need some motivation and some ideas--
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I did a few online ones and we did not do eliminations. However, we would separate the people into teams and each week everyone needed to weigh in or they would be removed from the contest. Upon weighing in we would figure out the percentage of weight lost for each team. Then the team with the highest percentage won for that week. You could do this individually as well. The contest won 12 weeks long. Now for prices I would recommend you get ideas from your chapter members to see what would motivate them and what would be cost effective for the organization. Hope this helps!