Name your " I GOT THIS! " moment...

Options
What better way to celebrate how far you've come on this journey, than to recognize those blips in time that gave you chills because you could do something that you couldn't before or hadn't been able to do in a long time!

I would LOVE to see all your moments, first I'll start with a few of mine...

Replies

• jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Being able to climb multiple sets of stairs without feeling the need to sit down!

Seeing definition in places I haven't seen in years, particularly my legs and upper body.

The first time I was able to jog without breathing like an old truck!

Smiling instead of crying in the dressing room.
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    We've all experienced them on this journey...a blip in time that gave you chills because you could do something that you couldn't before or hadn't been able to do in a long time!

I would LOVE to see all your moments, first I'll start with a few of mine...
    Well, first off, i dont have any moments!! and if i did im waiting for your moments.......well...................!!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    I can now see boobs and no "tummy" when i look down. LOL. I can also tie my shoes better !!Yay..:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can actually run for 60 seconds without feeling like I'm dying and my pants are all becoming baggy!! I LOVE THIS LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! :)
  • jwerman
    Options
    I can now see boobs and no "tummy" when i look down. LOL. I can also tie my shoes better !!Yay..:blushing: :bigsmile:
    Awesome!
  • jwerman
    Options
    I can actually run for 60 seconds without feeling like I'm dying and my pants are all becoming baggy!! I LOVE THIS LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! :)
    That IS a good feeling!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    1.When I was driving and I couldn't feel my stomach over my belt anymore.
    2. Being stopped at the beach because people thought I was a model.

THE MOST EPIC OF THEM ALL.

Doing chin-ups and pullups with my own bodyweight. I cried.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When I did my first 5k ever and it was The Warrior Dash. I was just amazed at what I had accomplished.
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    mine, was when I cried as I was able to get a pair of jeans off the shelf in a department store, NOT in the plus size section... and they were not even the biggest size offered...
  • jwerman
    Options

WOW!! And double wow and congrats on the chin ups and pullups! Those darn things have always eluded me...LOL!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

WOW!! And double wow and congrats on the chin ups and pullups! Those darn things have alway eluded me...LOL!
    Thanks!

I really consider that the gold standard. Being able to pull up your own weight in a controlled manner. That is the beginning of strength.
  • jwerman
    Options
    When I did my first 5k ever and it was The Warrior Dash. I was just amazed at what I had accomplished.
    :drinker:Congrats! I hope to experience that feeling sometime in the near future...which is amazing considering 8 months ago a 5k was probably the farest thought from my mind.
  • jwerman
    Options
    mine, was when I cried as I was able to get a pair of jeans off the shelf in a department store, NOT in the plus size section... and they were not even the biggest size offered...
    Amen! I wore a size 20+ for so long that once I was out of plus sizes I felt like I was in a foreign land...LOL! Congrats on your progress!!
  • jwerman
    Options

WOW!! And double wow and congrats on the chin ups and pullups! Those darn things have alway eluded me...LOL!
    Thanks!

I really consider that the gold standard. Being able to pull up your own weight in a controlled manner. That is the beginning of strength.
    Absolutely! I hope to be able to "pull my own weight" someday...always reach for new heights!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    when I had to try on 5 pairs of work pants to find ones that actually fit. The ones from 6 years ago when I ran the Chicago Marathon. Also, doing ski abs on insanity without dying.

We got this...
  • jwerman
    Options
    when I had to try on 5 pairs of work pants to find ones that actually fit. The ones from 6 years ago when I ran the Chicago Marathon. Also, doing ski abs on insanity without dying.

We got this...

Fantastic accomplishments!!! Keep up the great work!:happy:
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Was able to slide me wedding band off without using spit or butter.....lol
  • jwerman
    Options
    Was able to slide me wedding band off without using spit or butter.....lol
    Love this^^ ! Great feeling!
    My wedding band used to be tight too, and had to get a bigger one for a while...Now I can finally wear my original wedding band...and on cold days sometimes I'm afraid it'll fall off!!
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were bought new furniture and before I would either sit and watch him carry it in or we would call someone to help him, but I helped and I moved things I never thought I could help move before. I was gonna sit out like all the times before but I had that feeling of "I got this."

It made me smile, it was a tiny accomplishment.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    When I realized I would walk up stairs and still talk without gasping for air.

When I ran my first mile, and 2nd mile, and 3rd mile without stopping.

When I finished those 3 miles in under 30 minutes.

When I got the letter from my health insurance company saying I qualified for the 'premium' insurance.

When my 19yr old son said I was now one of the "hot moms" of his group of friends (grudgingly, mind you).