Planning to lose post-partum weight and some pre-preggo

Options
Hi all, I am signing up tonight to create some accountability and structure while picking up tips and camaraderie in this community. I "only" gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy and lost about 18 with two weeks so I I felt confident. Apparently, I haven't figured a good structure or schedule since then because I have actually gained! So I'm only 7 pounds from delivery weight! And I was overweight to begin with.

I look and feel awesome at 165 so that's my final goal. Seeing the sunny side of 200 again will be a huge accomplishment so that's my first goal. I think I'll also set a cheer for mini-goal 209. I'm big on milestones to keep me motivated.

Good luck and healthy living to all.

Replies

• alhi2009
    alhi2009 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi all, I am signing up tonight to create some accountability and structure while picking up tips and camaraderie in this community. I "only" gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy and lost about 18 with two weeks so I I felt confident. Apparently, I haven't figured a good structure or schedule since then because I have actually gained! So I'm only 7 pounds from delivery weight! And I was overweight to begin with.

I look and feel awesome at 165 so that's my final goal. Seeing the sunny side of 200 again will be a huge accomplishment so that's my first goal. I think I'll also set a cheer for mini-goal 209. I'm big on milestones to keep me motivated.

Good luck and healthy living to all.
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome--glad to have you join!

I too experienced the gain after initially losing most of the post-partum weight. My daughter is 5 1/2 months old and I've finally lost all of the pregnancy weight (27 lbs), but I have more that I'm wanting to lose on top of that. Want some accountability? Me too! :) We can do this together.

I'm trying to eat healthier (was doing great, but sort of slacked lately) and the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels--it's TOUGH!

Hope you gain all the support you need. I'm here anytime too. ;)
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Losing pregnancy weight here too, and then some. I gained over 40 lbs though. Blah.... My weigh in days are Monday...last monday I was still 8 lbs away from pre-preggo weight. But I need to lose between 40 to 60 more lbs after that to be in my healthy weight category. (120 - 140).

Good luck ladies!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Can I say I'm here for post-partum weight loss even though my son is 2 1/2 years old?:laugh: I'm another mommy who did really good throughout the pregnancy and then gained. I'm about 5-10 less than my heaviest pregnancy weight. I'm only 5'2" so I'm shooting for 130. I'm glad too see others in the same boat!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • alhi2009
    alhi2009 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes. Wow, Nadyas mom, you've already lost it all. Great work.

Ashethbellana, your ticker gives me hope, and Cherryred 76, it looks like we're on pace with each other so I can definitely use your progress to keep me in line.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one to gain AFTER!

BTW, my ticker is a little deceptive because I used my week or two-old weight when I registered last night which turns out to be three pounds higher than my "official" weigh-in this morning. It's actually a nice psychological loss. :laugh:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!